3D-printed gun promoter arrested in Taiwan, returned to US, and bailed on sex charge

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/24/3d-printed-gun-promoted-arrest.html

4 Likes

Big L’s to the Right, little l’s to the Left.

And for the Right he’s spot on brand.

Also…

giphy

But who the hell decided to let someone who already tried to flee the country out on bail?

32 Likes

I know seriously? That is the DEFINITION of flight risk.

32 Likes

I’m so confused over why they gave him bail

16 Likes

I understand why he’s sadly more likely to receive bail than many who’ve been indicted, but in this case it’s amazing even his white male privilege would get him bail.

14 Likes

Well he’s clearly got money if he can fly to Taiwan at a moment’s notice and afford to pay his bail. And i’m not saying that he got bail because he’s white but… you know…

17 Likes

Oh I’ll say it. Even if it wasn’t the entirety, it was still a decisive factor without which he wouldn’t have. Which is why I asked who the hell made that decision. I hope the judge who did so at the least gets dragged across social media.

16 Likes

You know sanity is approaching the end of the road when a social media shaming is the last source of justice for corrupt authority figures.

13 Likes
  1. He can afford it.

2. Probably took his passport so being a flight risk to another country was greatly reduced? Just speculating.

Totally unfair.
He wasn’t even at those parties!
Oh wait, we’re not talking about Kavanaugh?

13 Likes

If you can’t even figure out extradition on today’s technology, maybe the flight risk thing isn’t such a big deal?

/s

4 Likes

And why was he in the Harris County jail when the crime took place in Austin (Travis county?)

2 Likes

They implanted a tracking device deep in his rectum, and if he tries to cross the state line it will explode, like those shopping carts that have the brakes that are applied if you remove them from the parking lot. Or something.

2 Likes

I saw a sign on a cart that said it. But I didn’t see anything that lead me to believe that would happen.

2 Likes

You don’t suppose money could have changed hands? Or is that illegal?

1 Like

This is clearly a diabolical plan by the Feds to set him up.

4 Likes

At this point i’m expecting him to be hired by the current administration

2 Likes

Based on my personal experience, the grocery store near me does one better than this by just applying the brakes to all carts, all the time.

2 Likes

It’s a good thing that Texas doesn’t have a big national border whose porosity is a matter of some angst. Otherwise there might be room for concern.

1 Like

You can’t go in the out door! :wink:

And pretty sure Mexico extradites.