4-year-old snowboarder talking through her ride is pure delight

Stuff like this reminds me that even though my kid’s non-stop sounds-making can drive me nuts, there will come a time when I will miss it.

7 Likes

OMG.

I’m dead.

5 Likes

Sounds like my plan to do an impression of Queen Latifah in Last Holiday isn’t gonna work out:

Bummer. :wink:

4 Likes

What were you hitting your head on?? Were you in the trees? I learned with a group of friends, years ago, and I don’t recall any of us ever hitting our heads on anything. Starting out, it was mostly riding the back edge of the board to slow down, which meant 9 out of 10 falls were on your backside.

3 Likes

Ahh, the internet:

7 Likes

Love it!!!

4 Likes

on the slope, of course! :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe you’ve forgotten how hard it was to learn to go from heelside to toeside and back again, and to be on your toeside, trying to turn back, and catching your downslope (now heelside) edge, causing to you to fall backwards down the hill, slamming your head in the process. or maybe you picked up transition from heel to toe turns really easily, i dunno. but man, i definitely remember how hard it was for me.

3 Likes

IIRC, it was the heelside to toeside turns that caused us the most problems, but that almost always resulted in falling forward onto one’s knees. The toeside to heelside turns were easier because you could point the board downhill, pick up speed, and then shift back onto the heelside and lean back into the hill, slowing down. And if you had any problem during part of that, you usually fell onto your ass.

Of course, it all started with zigzagging down the hill on the heelside, without turning.

3 Likes

I like kids.

2 Likes

oh yeah, for sure. our instructor called that “falling leaf,” and i still think of it that way. well, i also call it “Mr. Plow” in my head, too – i sing the Mr. Plow song on hills that are challenging for me, lol. i can Mr. Plow down almost anything.

2 Likes

the video is so life-affirming

7 Likes

The way she went from fear to rational questions about the challenge to self-reassurance to having the courage to take the leap…I’m looking back over my life wishing I’d been as bold as her in a million little ways. And then her nonchalant shift to seeing that the challenge wasn’t as bad as she was expecting before bellowing out her triumph? That girl is awesome.

10 Likes

Happy tears are just the best.

2 Likes

The fences are much easier on horseback. Just bow, push your hands forward, throw your heart over, and follow it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love this so much.

2 Likes

What, “powder-saurus” wasnt enough??

2 Likes

I’m sure that, with the help of a stunt double, some green screen, and a camera crew, you’ll be able to match Queen Latifah’s radical stylings.

1 Like

Absolutely adorable! My own 4 year old does dance routines that she narrates in a tutorial-style from start to finish. Sometimes she asks me to join in and then does all kinds of moves that would make me pull several muscles if I actually attempted them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.