An icy night in Ukraine

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/13/an-icy-night-in-ukraine.html

8 Likes

Belly-shaking laughter with some tears.

That’s me right now, and I needed that,

Thanks!

8 Likes

Auto play video embed. Boo! Boo!

1 Like

Really? I have to click on it twice to get it going.

4 Likes

Par for the course. It took me 45 minutes to get it to play and then kept sliding back near the beginning. I tried to get help, but it had no effect and they just left. So eventually I just stood there. Waiting for what I don’t know. How was it?

4 Likes
4 Likes

Yeah, blog view, OSX, Firefox.

I was afraid I’d be seeing some video of people falling and potentially breaking bones, but it’s unlikely you’re going to break any bones falling when you’ve not managed to get yourself off the ground to begin with. :smiley:

I’m guessing that one person’s shoes were really inappropriate for those conditions, in addition to their ice-walking technique not being so great.

5 Likes

Heh, she really is a

3 Likes

One winter day when I had biked to work on studded winter tires, there was a freezing rain during the afternoon. Studded tires are perfect for riding on ice, so the real danger was the cars that could not get a grip. My personal downfall was when I had to stop and put down a foot, which proceeds to slide out from under me and I can barely get back up to finish the ride home. It had to be funny to watch.

5 Likes

You’ve brought back a memory: my dad and I used to walk in the park which overlooked the Pacific Ocean and we’d often stand at the railing watching the surfers. One afternoon we watched a beginning windsurfer spend what seemed like 10 minutes failing over and over and over…and over to get on his board and stand up. We felt sorry for the guy but it just got funnier and funnier until we were both in tears unable to speak. He too, eventually gave up and paddled back to shore.

1 Like

Its compulsory

1 Like

Her boots… Just look at them!

1 Like

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.