Man enjoys unexpected slide down own icy path

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/14/man-enjoys-unexpected-slide-do.html

11 Likes

Its funny to me that he has that tiny container of snow slat for that huge driveway.

7 Likes

“Goddamn gotta salt this huge driveway with this tiny shaker, man I hate whup. . WHUP! Okay, well, I guess this is happening now. Alright, still sliding. Stilllll sliding. Aaaaand, we’re done. Not dead. Whooo!”

17 Likes

We’re not laughing at him.

We’re laughing with him.

8 Likes

Ice only gets that slippery when there’s a sheen of water on top of it. This means the air temperature is above freezing, so a little bit of salt will go a long way. He’s still going to need a few shakers, but if it was -15C, he’d need about 3 10kg bags for that driveway…

3 Likes

And he posted it from his own security camera.

He needs some percussion to go with the shaker sound.

7 Likes

No speeding bus at the end? Come on hollywood!

8 Likes

Self arrest! Self arrest!

4 Likes

i would definitely do it a few more times, then i would spread the word among the local kids of all ages.

5 Likes

How about a rimshot?

3 Likes

Yakkety Sax would work, too.

6 Likes

Off topic…I think so tapped the flag
under your post by accident.
I hope not
so sorry

1 Like

He’s so nonchalant at the bottom…
You know he’s looking out from under his
lashes,
"anybody see me!?
"Hope not…’
“I must have looked really stupid!”
Then he decided, after viewing,
to take a proactive move
and upload it himself…
smart!

8 Likes

At first I thought he was making a martini.

4 Likes

Amateur.

17 Likes

I was hoping that he’d keep going across the street and down the road till we couldn’t see him anymore. To Benny Hill music.

7 Likes

With this one it looks like he’ll continue sliding to the left down the actual street.
“Oh well. I guess i’m headed downtown on the new ice expressway.”

3 Likes

Not shown: 90 mins of trying to climb back up again…

27 Likes

I’m pretty sure, based on other videos that I’ve seen, since he lost both of his shoes, he didn’t survive the fall.

5 Likes

Frame it just slightly differently, and you could imagine him continuing to slide “up” the curvature of a giant ring, to eventually emerge where he started from.
2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (1968)

5 Likes