Watch skateboarders skate on frozen sand

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/18/watch-skateboarders-skate-on-f.html

4 Likes

Yikes. I’m no skater, but I suppose gritty saltwater cannot be good for the wheel bearings.

2 Likes

@ 7:30:

. . . and ramps made of sand,
fall into the sea eventually . .

(hat tip to Jimi Hendrix)

5 Likes

What I like about this is the music and the sound. It’s not the typical video with annoying/driving sound track that you kind of turn off (if you’re of a certain age).

1 Like

Used to do this in winter on the shore of Lake Michigan, when there was no snow. Never had the wherewithal to build a frozen ramp. That was so great.

We did build some franken-land sailors from sailboat parts and trailers that got going way too fast up and down the frozen beach. You could get away with a lot in winter when the National Lakeshore staff went into hibernation.

2 Likes

someone needs to try this at white sands national park. In winter there’s enough dew to freeze solid on the shaded side of dunes. In the right condition’s I’m sure it’s skatable (I jumped off the top of the sunny side of a dune in January and the crust was hard enough that it didn’t even break when I landed. my feet skidded out from under me and I nearly broke my tailbone on the frozen sand.)

If I read correctly, it’s won some awards or has been shown at some short film festivals, so it’s designed for more broad appeal than the typical skate video.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.