40% of Americans aren't truthful about COVID-19

Don’t “both sides” that shit. Banning unvaccinated and non-mask wearers from those types of business was a public health measure to minimise the spread of Covid, the reverse was just childish - “We’re going to ban you too, see how you like it!”

13 Likes

4 Likes

Exactly!

Some people are just selfish assholes who don’t care who they hurt… but we’ve seen that across the whole pandemic.

2 Likes

Yeah, this isn’t a ‘both sides’ thing. One side is doing their best to follow reasonable public health guidelines, the other side is doing their best to be selfish, reactionary, science -denying assholes who couldn’t two shits if the people around them die from a preventable illness. It’s really irresponsible to present each of these as just opposite sides of the same deranged coin.

3 Likes

shocked

Yup - the only surprise here is that it’s only 40%.

Even symptomatic people often test negative for the first couple of days. (My son didn’t test positive until his 4th day of symptoms, and that was even with a more accurate PCR test taken on his 3rd day) so it’s easy to understand why so many people might initially think they’re negative or stop testing after their first one or two negative tests.

A while ago I noted that my sister, a doctor, was told to keep coming in to work as long as she tested negative even though other family members were known to be positive and she was having symptoms herself. It’s an insane policy but that’s the system in the US right now.

2 Likes

Only 40%?

I think some liars aren’t getting caught because they either believe it so much they don’t know they’re lying, or they’re so guilty feeling they won’t answer a survey truthfully.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.