Twenty percent of U.S. adults think Covid vaccine is a secret microchipping program

Originally published at: Twenty percent of U.S. adults think Covid vaccine is a secret microchipping program | Boing Boing

5 Likes

One more time for the folks in the red hats.

36 Likes

The Know-Nothing 27% will ensure that the U.S. never reaches herd immunity and that it will be a Covid variant factory for years to come. Fake handyman Tucker Carlson is the leader they deserve.

31 Likes

[tedious rant alert ahead - ignore this. you’ve been warned!]

While i despair over the state of education in America, i feel it my duty to point out that polling done even by the most prestigious titled institutions are fraught with systematic error these days; sufficiently that they often bury their methodologies and just declare a “margin of error” based on 1/sqrt(sample_size) which is only true if the sample was truly random. “truly random”: if every person in the stated poll population had an equal chance of getting polled. Or said in a slightly more annoying voice: Could they reach you if an out of state unknown number rung up your cell-phone? nah… me neither.

Soooo… keep in mind with polls stating that “one in five” believe that space reptiles walk among us - those polled are who answered their phones and bothered to take a poll. (“OK… but it’s probably at least one in seven who believe this shit” -sigh- yeah)

(next up: all web polling is fundamentally push polling)

27 Likes

What’s astonishing is that more people believe the microchip lie than the autism lie. Progress?

/s

19 Likes

If only we could persuade Elvis to make a personal appeal for folks to get vaccinated.

"We can’t go on together
With suspicious minds (with suspicious minds)
And we can’t build our dreams
On suspicious minds"

7 Likes

Hm. Sounds like a good market to sell them a sugar pill non-tracking upgrade. The claims would have to be carefully worded, but absolutely true.

And if it convinced them to get vaccinated, doing well while doing good!

15 Likes

What I don’t get is that they firmly believe that the vaccine contains a microchip used to track people, yet are so oblivious to the tracking device they willingly carry on their person. (I am referring to the smartphone in their pocket, along with the social media apps where willingly enter “Dear Diary…” for stuff that shouldn’t be public if they are so concern about their privacy.)

Case in point are the Captiol rioters who were caught by their own clumsiness by “Facebooking” their conquests, and having their cellphone IMSI numbers showing up within the micro-cells within the building. Despite them not being “vaccinated” it wasn’t that hard to track them down after the fact.

31 Likes

Yes, but they can get the Freedom Phone to fix that!

16 Likes

Keeping the population stupid so you can maximize profits eventually comes back to kick you in the ass.

But I guess as long as the captains of industry (and the politicians they support) get themselves and their families vaccinated (and lock themselves behind the walls of fancy estates) then everything is OK, right?

17 Likes

They worry about science fiction’y vaccine microscopic trackers but carry radio transmitter video recording devices to announce to the world they are committing terrorist acts/treason.

At this point the best strategy with these fools is ridicule. Make fun of how cowardly they are to be afraid of a little shot, like the kind they had as kids. Like little wimpy crybabies.

15 Likes

Right - one in five people who bother responding to pollsters. That’s probably not a representative sample of the US adult population.

13 Likes

After a frustrating conversation with an anti-vax neighbour, I’m now following the guidelines of how to argue like an asshole: https://i.imgur.com/ceEUJDA.jpeg

26 Likes
32 Likes

I’ve also employed the “prove it” technique to great effect. Well, to utter silence, but based on the criteria you present, that’s the only way to win.

10 Likes

This is why you need to buy my special EMP foil glove. Fry those suckers and still keep the vaccine benefits.

Order now and get a free 5G filtering cap!

16 Likes

so 9 percent of people took the vaccine thinking they’d get a microchip???

10 Likes

I mean… I am 100% for this. Get your vaccine and then use the potato to suck out the bad stuff. Right. Great. Do it. Do it!

14 Likes

200wb

And then you can have fries with that jab.

24 Likes

For decades I started to believe about 20% of the population here was off it’s rocker and very right wing. Welp, here we are again with another stupid stat with 20% of the population.

7 Likes