Over 40% of Republicans think Bill Gates is going to implant tracking chips through Covid vaccine

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/26/over-40-of-republicans-think.html

3 Likes

I hope mine says 666 on it. That’ll be cool.

Question, why do we let a death cult run the world of the living?

46 Likes

https://navigatorresearch.org/navigating-coronavirus/
Fox News consumption makes no difference in feelings towards Gates – among Republicans who watch Fox News frequently, 43% are favorable to him; among Republicans that don’t watch regularly, 42% are favorable.

3 Likes

Bringing this tweet back for a second

14 Likes

The thought underlying these Q-related worldviews that there are powers in near-absolute control of the world are so comforting compared to the alternative. Better to have pedophile lizard-people in control of the world than chaos, I suppose.

16 Likes

Didn’t one of the Fox News talking heads first propose the idea? Isn’t it a bit recursive to poll it that way? Because now, the same Fox News taking head who started the conspiracy theory is going to quote this poll as proof that the conspiracy theory is true…

12 Likes

I am confused.

Why does Bill Gates care?

And since most of us carry mobile phones in the US, we have already chosen to be tracked. So why would he bother?

These conspiracy theories keep getting dumber.

48 Likes

And yet they all carry cell phones.

22 Likes

So get a stray cat vaccinated under your name. Confuse the hell out of them when you bilocate in interesting places.

22 Likes

He should improve his software first.

11 Likes

And here I am trying to get a cell phone signal without going out to the backyard.

13 Likes

The summary / headline seems like shameful use of statistics.

There is an acknowledgement in the footnote of the graph that half the respondents were given different options for how to answer. To me that renders the poll useless or, at the very least, the “Not Sure” bands for each group should therefore be much wider than they are.

6 Likes

Since Bill Gates has a worldview and charity strategy that runs counter to “Encourage underdeveloped countries to have a many children as possible so we can fence them off at the border”. He is considered evil by the nutcases.

7 Likes

I think the important fact is that there’s a large customer group for anti-tracking chip solutions, and they’re rather gullible.

24 Likes

The first time I heard something similar was in the 1980s. It wasn’t a chip, it was a barcode, and it wasn’t Bill Gates, it was the “New World Order”.

So, I think the conspiracy theories are still the same kind of stupid, but the adherents haven’t really kept up with the tech, more like they swapped out some of the vocabulary around the “mark of the beast” and doubled down.

I don’t know if most people are more intentionally ignorant these days, but some of them sure the fuck are.

19 Likes

I’m investing in Aluminum foil.

6 Likes

manufactured consent?

3 Likes

I like to truncate this headline into a more alarming statistic:

“Over 40% of Republicans Think!”

Gonna need a source cited on that high number.

6 Likes

I wish I could say I haven’t seen this on my FB feed… I wish I could say I wasn’t related (albeit distantly) to these people.

5 Likes

As I recall Social Security cards were to have been the Mark of the Beast. Then forcing everyone to carry identity cards like the Commies. Revelation is so easy to twist to mean whatever you want it to. An enterprising evangelical “scholar” could easily demonstrate that the Trump regime fits the Beast criteria. RealID, for example, and 666 Fifth Avenue.

12 Likes