Twenty percent of U.S. adults think Covid vaccine is a secret microchipping program

This makes me think of statistics related to the Pareto Principle.

6 Likes

Freedumb fries?

10 Likes

For what its worth, YouGov is score reasonably high by FiveThirtyEight for their polling accuracy/methodology (giving them a B+ for all election related polls over the years), and YouGov does publish high level data on the sample used for these (https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/w2zmwpzsq0/econTabReport.pdf - can see the sample split by race/gender/region/race/education)

My reading through the sample, if anything I think it is under-representing Trump supporters… ie, it might be worse than reported.

9 Likes

As I told a relative recently: “Honey, if they could make a microchip that small it’d already be in your insulin.”

Also, am I the first to comment that when given a chance, Tucker’s first thought was to commit sexual harassment?

17 Likes

Probably the same 20% who will buy $500 “Freedom Phone”, made in china and tracked by their cell phone carrier just like every cell phone.

6 Likes

oy… don’t get me started on how dubious FiveThirtyEight has been regarding basic statistical sampling errors. They remain, as they were instituted, an aggregator of multiple polls (“other people’s data”). That they are the accepted rankers of polling accuracy today is like leaving gnews to tell you what news items are valid. Which, having ranted that, probably does make them the premier poll rankers these darksome days -sigh- </ rant>

5 Likes

Regarding vaccines being the cause for autism and how that concept started, hbomberguy made an amazing investigation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BIcAZxFfrc

It is a WILD ride.

5 Likes

there is nothing that can be done to push a stupid person off their idea once that thing has had a chance to bounce around inside those spongy skulls. we will not reach herd immunity because people, in general, are too goddam stupid. protect yourselves and your loved ones as best you can. the rest are going to find out one way or another whether what they believe is right or not. sadly, there is no outreach that is going to change that. humans have had a good run, but when we are all gone it will be because of the terminally stupid.

7 Likes
3 Likes

I suspect that the same number of folks thought that getting the high school diploma rather than the curriculum made them smart, but I suspect the curriculum failed them also.

6 Likes

Sorry, this has already been posted, but it does the job:

it must be true that what these people are looking for, deep down, is validation. Their life must be of interest to the dark powers, it must, right? Right?
(Disclaimer: I can only imagine the lethal boredom that would bury anyone spying on me 24/7).

21 Likes

Welp, there goes my day as I go into a statistics rabbit hole. lol.

6 Likes

giphy

2 Likes

Ask YouGov poll-takers if the moon is hollow and inhabited by New Zealand-born crayfish. I dare you.

3 Likes

Came to say something like that. Thank you.

As I heard it put well: “A voluntary online survey found that 98% of adults enjoy doing online surveys!”

11 Likes

I’m pretty sure you’d get 4% of your sample to say “yes” to that, sue to the existence of Lizardman’s Constant:

10 Likes

1:44:xx video, erm… punchy start to it, at least!

3 Likes

Nevermind a cache of leaders who wish really hard for followers to be idiots, and are pleased rather directly, it’s neat to see games like ‘Surviving mars’ where the trained scientists are nonetheless sometimes in a category of idiot and/or clumsy AF as they try to operate the robofarm or water sanitation or robot telemetry etc.

Nothing so satisfying as seeing a colony of 9 dwarves get 10 immigrants, all milkers or wood burners or something, knowing that a drill down into whether they can focus or not and the stalwart availability of liquor for them to ‘make it through the day’ will be the more immutable charting factors… It gives alertboxes now when a Llama is congregating underground instead of eating grass (at near the last minute.) Haven’t gotten the one where being low on the sauce is a critical problem yet…

6 Likes

happy star wars GIF

3 Likes

Not just voluntary…Take enough surveys and YouGov will pay you.

2 Likes