$400,000 raised for homeless man is missing

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/05/400000-raised-for-homeless-m.html

5 Likes

Oh what a huge surprise… it’s wypipo.

sad-richard-sherman

15 Likes

What a pair of sleazeballs. They need to be driven out to the middle of nowhere, their gas tank and wallet emptied, and left to fend for themselves. Bonus points for having busloads of homeless people driven past, shrugging at them through the windows.

15 Likes

I might send along some money to fund this!

10 Likes

Let me set up a kickstarter. [starts perusing lavish vacation options]

26 Likes

Oh no, not a Helicopter ride!

But yeah, these people do not appear to be good stewards of money. Isn’t this the entire purpose of a trust? Properly invested Johnny Bobbitt could have had a small but stable income to help get his life back on track–assuming he has any interest in that. Or at the very least he could have had a helicopter ride.

13 Likes

:musical_note: We’re going to America!

Giving a thousand bucks to an addict is like a death sentence.

Gambling is an addiction.

3 Likes

We’ll he got 78,000 and evidently he’s alive and hired a lawyer who is sueing… so I’m going to assume he didn’t spend that wad on drugs or gambling?

4 Likes

They said they were withholding the remaining funds from Bobbitt because they were concerned he would use it to buy drugs.

A New Jersey ABC news station has investigated the online spending habits of McClure (a secretary who makes $43,000 a year) and D’Amico (a carpenter) since they launched the fund for Bobbit and found that they embarked on a lavish lifestyle of travel, a helicopter ride, shopping, and front row tickets to a Broadway show.

The logic of the privileged, right there. Assholes.

12 Likes

Oh white people. Keep on doing you and showing how every other race hating us is just completely founded.

3 Likes

Let’s not forget, they only ever even met this particular fellow because he helped them out when they needed cash.

This is layers on layers of shittiness.

16 Likes

:musical_note: Born in the USA!

1 Like

It is called GoFundMe, not GoFundThatGuy, amirite? /s

16 Likes

Pro bono lawyer…and the 78k was supposedly spent on him, for a trailer and truck that the title was held by McClure and D’Amico…who then sold said trailer and truck…supposedly he received 25 thousand in cash over 10 months, much of which he gave to his family, and then some went to drugs.

2 Likes

$400,000 raised for homeless man is missing

Not missing, they STOLE it. .

25 Likes

They could have at least invited him along for the helicopter ride.

6 Likes

I was under the impression the “good Samaritans” kept most of the take, maybe I misunderstood.

Man, what a bizarre story :confused:

Eh, I am not really sure that has anything to do with anything. Greed and scam artists are abound in a rainbow of colors.

6 Likes

This is the main reason i never give money to Gofundme campaigns. Most of the time it seems that they’re set up by other random people, and i don’t have the level of trust to just give my money to some rando in the hopes that they’re honest enough to turn everything over to the person in need.

11 Likes