$5 million fundraising attempt for Giuliani legal defense gets less than $10,000

womp womp GIF by Digg

5 Likes

I’d really like to see him sue Trumpty Dumpty for his legal bills, though. I mean, he does have a contract, doesn’t he?

:wink:

7 Likes

In Trumpland the bus throws YOU (under itself).

5 Likes

“Unfortunately, online fundraising efforts for the disgraced former NYC lawyer fell $4.99 million short of the $5 million they aimed to raise.”

Mark @frauenfelder , you might want to change that to “Fortunately”

5 Likes

Asking Republicans for a donation…I’m pretty sure that’s a punch line to a joke right?

Unless your family* (and even then, that’s no guarantee) I think the general attitude is going be, “No, I work for my money. Why should I help you?” and probably spiraling off into a verbal tirade about boot straps.

*also see Christian fundamentalists

4 Likes

Schadenfreude!!
I gotta hand it to these clowns, they expanded my vocabulary over the past four years.
like: obsequious, sycophant.
And concepts too, like the Dunning Kruger effect

4 Likes

I keep thinking about the telethon from Robocop 2, but with Juliani as the mayor.

3 Likes

My favorite is kakistocracy.

5 Likes

C’mon Rudy, represent yourself.

I could use the laugh and the (inevitable) sanctions will be so, so sweet.

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

4 Likes

I get what you’re saying, but if Giuliani started telling the truth today, it’d be a couple decades before he’s considered a credible witness.

1 Like

All he really needs to do is tell the investigators where they can find the evidence, and let the evidence speak for itself. No need to actually believe anything he says.

4 Likes

Maybe don’t go with a crowdfunding platform that sounds like a neologism for “fondle me” next time.

6 Likes

You have to admit it’s on-brand for Gules, though.

3 Likes

4 Likes

That black slime coming from his head must be flowing like water by now.

5 Likes

Has anyone actually pledged anything? Or is this $10K like the handful of change that street performers put in their own hat to get things started?

5 Likes

Just think, if Rudy had stepped down on 12th September 2001, instead of being thought of as a sad, deluded has-been, he would be remembered as the man who relocated New York’s disaster control centre to a building that had previously been attacked by terrorists.

5 Likes

7 Likes

…“Something.”

4 Likes