Rudy Giuliani's lawyer trying to quit

Originally published at: Rudy Giuliani's lawyer trying to quit | Boing Boing

5 Likes

About one week 9 to 11 days after his obit?

14 Likes

is there a chance rudy might, at some point, need a public defender?

if so, i want the public defender to give the same care and attention to rudy’s case as any other.

7 Likes

I cannot fathom anyone who would want to have this man for a client… just yesterday he had a press conference in which he gave the lamest retort ever to a question about his alcoholism and then chewed out one of his own staffers for trying to lead him away from the podium before he made things any worse. It’s quite something to watch.

9 Likes

Let me say it again for all you young lawyers out there, looking to represent a high-profile client with lots of financial and legal problems in order to make your name in the industry:

Don’t work without a retainers fee!

10 Likes

12 Likes

Of law firm Tevis & Tutthead.

8 Likes

A few months ago, I would have said no way. Now…I’m not so sure. I’m hearing a lot of rumors that he’s legitimately broke. Presumably, his kids have some money still, though, so unless they’ve decided to hang dad out to dry, he’ll probably at least manage to get a desperate, shitty lawyer on the cheap from somewhere.

10 Likes

I would not blame anyone who knows Rudy Giuliani for hanging him out to dry.

7 Likes

Well, there was always money in the banana stand but regretfully that was in the Twin Towers cafeteria. :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Seems like the first rule of lawyering for these guys would be “get a big enough retainer to cover the trial” but I must be wrong somehow.

5 Likes

Seems to be trending with these idiots:

10 Likes
3 Likes

I don’t know why, but when I saw that meme I got a picture in my mind of a guy playing an alpenhorn on a Swiss mountainside saying “Ree…Tainer!” as bags of throat lozenges floated past.

5 Likes

Someone – possibly Oscar Wilde, possibly Samuel Johnson – reportedly said that “Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.”

I’m not sure what taking on one of the January 6th Allstars as a client is a triumph of, but by now the pattern is fairly well established. Any lawyer who’s opened a newspaper or turned on a TV set should know what they’re getting themselves into.

Of them all, Donald Trump might be the best bet, because at least the faithful are still shoveling tons of money in his direction. You may not see any of it, but the money is there. Rudy Giuliani or Mike Lindell? Not so much. Even the most hardcore MAGA fans aren’t about to toss their life savings to Streaky Hair Oil Guy or Lumpy Pillow Man.

4 Likes

Every high-quality lawyer I know in my 25 years of practice views the world like this:

No wonder these lawyers are heading for the door.

13 Likes

One of Trump’s cases – I think Georgia, where he actually has pretty good counsel – the lawyers got it all up front.

5 Likes

The thing about Giuliani and Lindell is that there is no endgame. Even if TFG regained the White House and holds onto his money, TFG doesn’t care about people who supported him. They won’t get a job from him. He didn’t pardon Rudy last time around, and he didn’t pardon the J6 idiots. He’ll happily give you moral support for those falling on their swords to prove loyalty, but has no interest in people who have no money or political capital.

5 Likes

Oh dang Rudy’s creditors better grab what they can while he still has any kinds of assets left, the IRS has already called dibs on that apartment…

6 Likes

Schitts Creek Good Luck GIF by CBC

1 Like