60s Bond star George Lazenby fired from Bond music tour after telling story of "sexual conquest" that sounds a lot like rape

Originally published at: 60s Bond star George Lazenby fired from Bond music tour after telling story of "sexual conquest" that sounds a lot like rape | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Truly the worst Bond, ever.

23 Likes

Even by the standards of the James Bond franchise On Her Majesty’s Secret Service was an especially misogynist entry to the series. Lazenby’s Bond is told by his love interest’s father Draco “What she needs is a man… to DOMINATE her!” and takes the advice to heart. Apparently the actor is just as awful in real life.

15 Likes

This guy is Baldwin’ing so hard we might have to stop calling it that.

11 Likes

A swine of the highest order, like we needed an excuse to put the Bond series into its grave.

11 Likes

In the end of the movie Bond turned down a million pound dowry from the gangster dad. Not sure that the actor has such scruples.

1 Like

“James Bond actor incurs displeasure of crowd by acting like James Bond.”

14 Likes

Lazenby’ing?

:thinking:

4 Likes

No one gives a shit about this asshole, honestly, and Baldwin really does a masterful job of fucking himself worse every time he opens his mouth.

12 Likes

Both are true.

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

12 Likes

There is a big difference between playing a role with other consenting adults for an audience that knows it is make believe, and engaging in similar behavior in real life.

1 Like

His “apology” included such highlights as “some of my best friends are gay” and “I’ve told these stories many times before without a problem”.

8 Likes

First and foremost, fuck this guy with a prickly pear.

Secondly, a “Bond music tour” is the stupidest thing I’ve heard of in a minute.

3 Likes

Since they took that text from the linked 6pr.com report, they probably do not know. But that is the odd thing about the story?

Headline: Actor Who Plays Deeply Misogynistic and Rapey Character in Action Film Turns Out to be Deeply Misogynistic and Rapey, Thus Perfect for the Role

3 Likes

He was in London? Sounds like he can still be prosecuted. And that he confessed.

“Unlike other European countries, the United Kingdom has no general statute of limitations for serious criminal offences, known as indictable offences[5](usually called a “felony” in the United States). This includes either-wayoffences that are prosecuted in Crown Court.“

9 Likes

The difficulty here is when movies normalize, even glorify, this sort of behavior. And that is very influential to impressionable teenagers.

2 Likes

Shit actor, shit person.

Also, I liked your post for finding a way around the mods with your username, you sneaky bugger. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is a test

@MoistTroll

Interesting! The name shows up in @ mentions! I guess @Otherbrother is uniquely blessed/cursed!

2 Likes

I was hoping to be unmentionable. Oh well.

5 Likes