$650k settlement for man stomped on by South Carolina cop

Originally published at: $650k settlement for man stomped on by South Carolina cop | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Hmmm, speedy response, appropriate charges, a cop being fired for being a violent psycho bigot, I’m honestly pleasantly surprised. I mean, I shouldn’t have to be. But I’ll take it over yet another blue wall going up.

Of course, here’s where people tell me that every cop in Orangeburg, S.C. threatened to walk off the job because how dare you or something. But here’s hoping!

16 Likes

Meanwhile, those conservatives who think only in terms of dollars strenuously avoid thinking about the fact that bad cops (and really rotten police culture) cost taxpayers a lot of money.

12 Likes

Who could have imagined someone named David Duke could be such a shitheel?

13 Likes

the former officer is fully cooperating with state police in what he called a difficult and unfortunate situation

Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

7 Likes

The sooner the settlements for their f’ up behavior comes from the police budget/police pension, we will continue to see this shit, until then…

10 Likes

The perp cop’s name is David Dukes? Really?

1 Like

Not nearly enough money. He deserves more than enough to buy a nice house in a nice neighborhood, and live well for the rest of his life on the remainder.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.