69 Cock Lane is yours for £449,950, but is it Britain's naughtiest address?

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/03/69-cock-lane-is-yours-for-449.html

1 Like

How many readers just did a naughty word search in Google Maps?

I grew up near this particular Cock Lane and never found it rude/funny so maybe it’s more about childhood innocence than the non-proliferation of rude slang.

2 Likes

Lost in translation: Minge, Slag and Bell End.

4 Likes

If anyone can sell it, it’s this guy…

22 Likes

Vagina, whore, penis top.

(File under: good passwords)

2 Likes

Thanks for the translation!

2 Likes

More stunning is the affordable housing crisis, when a semi-detached goes for $550,000

8 Likes

There is a farm near Carlisle called Wide Open Dykes.

Evidence:

1 Like

Don’t cock it up!

1 Like

There is still Butt Hole Lane, Shepshed. (i used to live in Shepshed).

1 Like

Dunno about Britain, but the US’s naughtiest is probably the house on Felch at Fountain in Ann Arbor.

Is that near the intersection of Cock & Balls?

1 Like

You have my sympathy.

1 Like

There’s a Bell End car club, which is presumably restricted to Audi drivers.

4 Likes

Bah, I already know where I’ll spend my retirement.

10 Likes

Especially when it looks like a standard ex-council house, which will have been built to the lowest possible spec in the 1950s - i.e. no insulation of any sort and absolutely minimal heating, hot water, electrical outlets, etc.

Ironically, though, the rooms and garden are likely to be much more spacious than anything comparably priced that is being built today

1 Like

10 Likes

Wagina Island looks good. Possible Google Maps prank? What are the odds of Wagina being next to Haycock? Just look at it.

Close enough to Britain… “The official name of the then British overseas territory was changed from “the British Solomon Islands Protectorate” to “Solomon Islands” in 1975. Self-government was achieved in 1976; independence was obtained two years later. Today, Solomon Islands is a constitutional monarchy with the Queen of Solomon Islands, currently Queen Elizabeth II, as its head of state. Manasseh Sogavare is the current prime minister.” -Wikipedia

69 Gay St, NYC