69 Cock Lane is yours for £449,950, but is it Britain's naughtiest address?

Tickle Cock Bridge in Castleford

is not too far from

but quite a way from

6 Likes

Taint nothing between.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Penistone had nothing to do with penises or tones, but Shitterton is named after an actual shitter.

5 Likes

Gay isn’t a naughty word.

4 Likes

There are quite a few bits of green space in towns around England called “the Butts” after an old word for an archery practice ground. My primary school was near one. It was (and is) called the Butts Primary School. I never thought this was odd or funny as a kid,

2 Likes

Most Cock Lanes were probably named for fowl but this one in London makes me think the other sense may have existed pretty early

1 Like

Maybe not, but there’s this:

I had an image saved somewhere for a flyer for a Gay Head Cruise, but i can’t find it from where i am and I’m not gonna Google that.

2 Likes
3 Likes

What’s wrong with “Lane”?

3 Likes

Wasn’t there once a nautical-themed, couples sex resort named ‘Boot & Knee On The Mountee’?

In the US, fanny is a silly word for butt. In the UK , not so much.

1 Like

“Front bottom”

6 Likes

6 Likes
2 Likes

but there are sadly no more Gropecunt Lanes in the age of that word’s offensiveness.

“In 2026, Trump Drive in Kalispell, Montana was finally renamed after the word, once a term for a high ranking card in a deck used for card games, evolved during the Troubles into a vulgar word synonymous with the unsolicited act of grabbing an unsuspecting female’s genitalia.”

7 Likes

We’ve also got Sandy Balls, and Bishop’s Knob.

3 Likes

The Kentucky towns of Sugar Tit and Beaver Lick are near the Big Bone Lick archaeological site.

2 Likes

Fanny always struck me as a very nice name.

2 Likes