Remembering the good ol' days of Butt Hole Road before sourpusses changed the name

Originally published at: Remembering the good ol' days of Butt Hole Road before sourpusses changed the name | Boing Boing

3 Likes

It used to be called Arsehole Avenue before they cleaned it up a bit.

13 Likes

ummm…
OWWEEE!

8 Likes

Justice is a fickle mistress.

3 Likes

I shall just have to make do with this local address.

Fun small feature of working for a delivery company is seeing all the odd addresses locally :smiley:

3 Likes

Just be glad it’s not GoatsE nd.

11 Likes

According to Wikipedia Coinsbrough has a population of 15,000 people. In a town that size I would thing 100% of adults would know about the existence of Butt Hole Road. The idea that a taxi driver wouldn’t know about it is hard to believe.

5 Likes

Before that it was Anal Alley.

1 Like

sourpusses changed the name

I believe you mean sour archers.

1 Like

That’s alright. At least we’ve still got Dildo, Canada.

4 Likes

If all they wanted to do was to clean it up a bit, they’d have renamed it Anal Sphincter Avenue.

What do you call holes in Butt Hole Road and who fills them?

Who 'ya gonna call?

1 Like

Whenever these funny/vulgar/weird place and street names come up one of the common complaints and motivations for changing is people stealing the signs, presumably for their dorm rooms.

I think it would be a fun bit of reverse vandalism to see people keep re-installing signs with the old name.

5 Likes

1 Like

Many thanks to community organizers like Mr. Bidet, who lives down the street…

3 Likes

Right off the Hershey Highway.

4 Likes

So, they’ve changed the name from “Butt Hole Road” to "“Archer Arsehole’s Way”

Butts fields were used for Archery, hence the rename I guess. Of course it wasn’t considered rude until TV exposed(sic) us to American words.

2 Likes

Could have got sponsorship from a toilet paper maker. Andrex Avenue, Cushelle Court, Kleenex Klose.
Izal , well maybe not them…

The taxis in question might be coming from nearby (and much larger) Doncaster or Sheffield though. All these little English towns are really part of larger metro areas nowadays, much like the eastern seaboard of the US, or Los Angeles county.