7 hurt in Shriner camel rampage

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/17/7-hurt-in-shriner-camel-rampag.html

3 Likes

“Up next on News Center 6, Ⱦrump announces a ban on camels from muslim majority countries.

“They’re coming here, they’re taking away jobs from hard working ponies and miniature horses, and they’re not like you and me- they get spooked by shovels, they’ve got those weird toes… I’m sure some of them are good camels like my friend Joe over there, but most of them just want to trample mom, eat her apple pie, and build a network of criminal petting zoos.”

6 Likes

Not sure why Trump would think camel toe is weird, rather than the norm.

Incidentally I had to ask google what Shriners are. They appear in Farmer in the Sky by Robert Heinlein, and when I read that book years ago I assumed they were some futuristic invention.

4 Likes

Never… camel… shovel…

I’m sure there’s a pun in there somewhere!

I’ve no idea just why anyone would want to ride a camel unless they had to.

The Shriners do wonderful charity work, but giving children rides on one of the most ornery animals around in a setting like this is a terrible idea. Also, it’s time for them to either re-do the circus without animals or just close up the circus (as Ringling Bros. did last year) and find another fundraising vehicle.

3 Likes

Brought in for questioning.

9 Likes

My immediate thought was, “oh, thank god it wasn’t my kid.”

Starting a camel stampede is totally something the boy would have done.

7 Likes

Well…“Camel Rampage” was never a headline I thought I’d ever ever see. Thanks BB.

2 Likes

There are still circuses with animals? Sheesh.

3 Likes

Will that kid face any charges, or the parents? I mean, no other kids were throwing shovels…

2 Likes

runcamel

4 Likes

3 Likes

As they say in the biz, never work with animals. Also, never work with kids. So not really surprised this combination was catastrophic.

1 Like

Can you blame the camel? Ungrateful ingrate kid!

Where’s Bill and Ben McCrary when you need them?

1 Like

You mean your son is Bart Simpson?

1 Like

Dozens of ankles bruised as Shriner loses control of vehicle, careens into crowd

5 Likes

Mathematics - Terry Pratchett quote

1/2/2012

(http://www.chrisjoneswriting.com/terry-pratchett-quotes/mathematics-terry-pratchett-quote#comments)

It’s not for nothing that advanced mathematics tends to be invented in hot countries. It’s because of the morphic resonance of all the camels, who have that disdainful expression and famous curled lip as a natural result of an ability to do quadratic equations

3 Likes
1 Like