70s fonts back in fashion

Some styles were better than others:

13 Likes

tumblr_ng3a5sp9wP1tseatko1_400

5 Likes

2oz90j

9 Likes

Another 70s trend I am all for: fake wood on electronics.

11 Likes

That’s right, the 70s were much higher resolution than anything before or since.

I remember I ran into Clint Eastwood when he was playing Dirty Harry and due to the increased resolution he was 63 feet tall and his forehead was the size of a water tower. He had a pimple on his cheek the approximate diameter of a manhole cover, and a little white pustule had formed on the end like someone dropping an ice cream in the center.

2 Likes

Captain Kirk called – he wants his font back! Extra points for anyone who gets the inside name joke.

9 Likes

Village is OK, but I prefer Albertus - which it’s based on.

Some of the lines in village just jar for me. Albertus is much nicer.

I may be biased as I worked for quite some time in the City of London, so saw a lot of those lovely signs as I wandered around on my lunch breaks. :wink:

6 Likes

Haha, that’s so good. Our serifs are under threat from these cultural marxist scumbags!
/s

1 Like

It’s everywhere now! Though I think this might be real wood…

2 Likes

I like Village and I’ve used it a few places, but The Prisoner is from the 60s, so I don’t think the 70s can take credit.

2 Likes

Cool! Can I apply them to my purchase of a Chrysler Cordoba with fine Corinthian leather?

5 Likes

That’s quite the alignment chart.

13 Likes

Time for Cooper Black to make a comeback?

2 Likes

Oh, F#%K Me, that is horrifying!

1 Like

Groovy%201

10 Likes

Groovy%20-%20Ash%2C%20Evil%20Dead

8 Likes

6 Likes

I only see rich Corinthian leather. :wink:

9 Likes

Cooper Black was apparently “2017’s most fashionable font”.

A 1970s font revival won’t be complete until the return of ‘Quicksilver’:

9 Likes

To these 70’s fonts, I say, “Welcome back!”

I know we tease these fonts a lot, 'cause we got 'em on the spot, but welcome back

(welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaaaack)

6 Likes