The beauty of blank VHS tape covers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/10/the-beauty-of-blank-vhs-tape-c.html

2 Likes

There sure was. You see a lot of that design ethic in that whole vaporwave thingamybob the kids are into nowadays.

(Plus of course Vaporwave has that whole VHS tracking/jagged lines stuff going on)

6 Likes

Damn Rob where’d you find that videocassette ad from the 19A0s?

1 Like

As a kid of the 80’s, I remember so many of those awesome designs!

Can’t quite get the same on an SD card or USB stick…

5 Likes

Nothing like a good trip down to the 19A0’s.

4 Likes

Apparently, it’s over…

PS: I’m so old…

2 Likes

This would make a great screensaver.

1 Like

SUPER AVILYN , CERTRON, SILVER SHADOW, Dynamicron, APHEX, DYNAREC.

It’s like superhreo comix.

2 Likes

Damn, I spent twenty minutes misreading both your post and L0ki’s as “Vaporware”, not “Vaporwave.” Took me forever to figure out why people are following stuff that never existed.

My eyes… they are bad…

3 Likes

Vaporwave will never die.

It’s the elevator music of the soul.

2 Likes

SUCH AESTHEIC

And just like characters in comics I don’t think any of those names were actual things.

1 Like

Much like the 1980s, vaporwave will endure forever.

3 Likes

I’m listening to Com Truise right now…

3 Likes

Yeah, I left out “epitaxial”, which would work in comix if you didn’t know it’s a thing.

So good. He’s a pretty funny guy too, both during a show, and if you catch him around.

1 Like

Where can one find a cover for his or her tablet that bears a blank VHS cover design, thus making said tablet appear as though it were a blank VHS cassette tape (perhaps w/ episodes of Diff’rent Strokes on it). Now that would be nostalgia nirvana.

I’m amazed at how many of those covers I recognized. Also, bitchin’ animation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.