96-year-old Carl Reiner has a message for Americans

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/31/96-year-old-carl-reiner-has-a.html

9 Likes

A national treasure. These are the voices of living memory that need to be heard throughout the West.

32 Likes

Holy fuck! Carl Reiner is still alive and on Twitter!

Seriously, a national treasure.

18 Likes

IKR?

And then I wonder how many Republicans think “national treasure” vs “Hollywood Jew”.

/smh

10 Likes

Alternative link for those having probs with the twitter link:

20 Likes

I was wondering about the statement on pre-existing conditions, then I saw the twitter feed stuff.

Trump is scared the democrats are going to take the house and senate. Petrified.

11 Likes

giphy%20(4)

25 Likes

Um, Carl? Trump said he’s not a fearmonger. So, you know, nice try.

6 Likes

He went on to say, “I am, in fact, a fear monkey.”

12 Likes

The end made me tear-up.

8 Likes

My mother died shortly before Obama was elected. I’ve always been sad she never got to see that.

On the other hand, my father died before Trump was elected. And I’m damned glad he didn’t live to see that.

It must be truly ghastly for someone with Reiner’s experience to witness what’s happening in the US now.

22 Likes

I’d wager that’s strongly correlated with percentage of vehicle covered by stickers.

5 Likes

My father and his parents left Germany in '33. I sure hope I don’t have to leave the US. I don’t know that my timing would be as good as theirs.

18 Likes

It pairs well with this, I think. I was just re-watching it a moment ago.

Yeah, it was propaganda for use within the Army; I’ll take what I can get.
13 Likes

Saw this the other day.

I feel ya, Carl. We’ll try our best.

5 Likes

And then I wonder how many Republicans think “national treasure” vs “Hollywood Jew”.

I think they would just call him a (((globalist))) these days.

5 Likes

He and Mel Brooks supposedly still hang out!

7 Likes

Good on him.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.