€9m Russian loan to French far-right leader Marine Le Pen is called in

Modern European far right have shifted to hating Arabs more than Jews, but don’t worry, once they get rid of the Arabs you will be next in line.

5 Likes

Gotta love a conspiracy with Bond villain enemies!

2 Likes

As they say “once they come for us, we’ll be gone”

2 Likes

I think that she recognised that the traditional antisemitism espoused by her father was alienating voters, whereas anti-muslim/anti-arab sentiment was much more mainstream. Nick Griffin was responsible for a similar pivot by the BNP in the UK. I don’t think that either case represents a meaningful reconciliation to Jews.

As for “Once they come for us, we’ll be gone”; I am not confident, as you appear to be, that pogroms will be executed in an orderly, logical fashion.

9 Likes

Here is some substantiation:

2 Likes

Plus there aren’t enough Jews left in France to make going after them a viable political point. LePen’s ancestors did a pretty good job in shipping most of them East to become chimney residue.

Half a million North african Jews that arrived from the 1950s on might not feel so sanguine about it - particularly since they’re also likely subject to discrimination on their North african origins, too. Double jeopardy.

Agreed, though, that the Vichy regime were enthusiastic in their approach to genocide.

3 Likes

That’s… about as NSFW as a Donald Duck cartoon.

Didnt say that was the case but FWIW some of the new FN voters I talked to were Jews.

Its the Arabs killing us in France but if that changes, all the French Jews I know are making backup plans. Even those who really really dont want to leave.

Theres about a half million of us there, the biggest Jewish population in Europe. We’ve never been a big demographic in any foreign land but that never stopped people from coming after us.

Off topic but French Sephardi Jews make some amazingly good food!

1 Like

Fair point.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.