France maneuvers to keep Macron's DNA out of Russian hands

Originally published at: France maneuvers to keep Macron's DNA out of Russian hands | Boing Boing

4 Likes

After reading that, all I can say is encapsulated in this gif:

5 Likes

Sounds like a double-win for Macron.

5 Likes

I wonder what he thinks they’ll do with his DNA? Make an army of Macron clones? I mean, I live here, and I kind of like the guy, but one of him is more than enough. I’m not sure what use Putin would have for a whole bunch of Macrons?

And of course that’s all beside the fact that the Russian-made PCR tests are shit compared to the commercial RT-PCR tests that the rest of the world uses.

4 Likes

that would seem a more reasonable fear. an accidental false positive, or a deliberate false positive. dna seems pretty easy to harvest if you really wanted to

4 Likes

Plant Macron DNA on the next 5 polonium poisonings of Putin’s opponents?

4 Likes

Not sure that would be an issue. I know the dude has already had COVID at least once and maybe twice. He did the “disappear from public view for a couple of weeks” a few months ago like your governors Newsom and DeSantis did. Our Presidential elections are coming up in a few months but he sure doesn’t seem to be doing much campaigning.

2 Likes

Macron should have thought of that before he was with the Russian hookers.

2 Likes

Lots of that going around. I have no personal experience, but they must have some high-quality hookers with all the politicians they manage to entrap.

1 Like

Or used the Russian toilets.

2 Likes

There are a lot of ways a determined agency could get a sample of an individual’s DNA.

I recently read about declassified cold war-era espionage programs that involved American intelligence agents covertly intercepting poo from Russian ambassadors for analysis by routing the plumbing in government buildings through secretly accessible traps. I don’t know what they were hoping to learn (what kind of drugs they were using maybe?) but if the CIA can get your poop it’s a good bet that Russian intelligence could get a used tissue or some skin flakes or something.

4 Likes

Macron is not being paranoid. This is Russia we are talking about!

Putin/Russia could possibly glean a great deal about Macron from his DNA. His life expectancy, his possible genetic predispositions, etc. There are a lot of unknown unknowns.

What I would like to know is: If visiting France, would Putin himself submit to the same tests that he tried to run on Macron. If he wouldn’t, then we know he is (even more) full of shit.

I’ve heard that wherever the President goes his poop is recovered rather than flushed.

Sounds kinda far-fetched but then again so does most of the things our intelligence services do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.