A $4 hose adapter for my kitchen faucet

These adapters are O L D news to anyone who had a waterbed in their student days…

2 Likes

Also keep in mind that on an episode of Penn and Teller’s Bullshit, they set up people to taste and rate different bottled waters, and yes, the water that they filled from an outdoor faucet through a garden hose was rated highest (because it was priced highest on the menu). IIRC, they named it on the menu “Agua de Culo”.

5 Likes

It also depends on how well the water is treated and if the person is a supertaster.

Oxford tap water tastes foul compared to Carlisle tap water (except in summer, when Carlisle water is over-treated and tastes just as bad), and Geneva tap water tasted exactly like Evian when I was there a few years ago.

4 Likes

In my old brew house I had a faucet with a few adapters hooked up to stainless camlocks/quick disconnects. If you order them online they are surprisingly inexpensive.

http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=51_54

Triclamps would be cooler, but they get spendy fast.
http://morewinemaking.com/category/stainless-steel-triclamp-fittings-valves.html

I work over in the lakes, and when I come home, running a bath smells like bleach. Newcastle water’s gipping.

3 Likes

I used one of these when home brewing, it’s incredibly useful for filling tanks. I used PVC hose (as many people have mentioned above) but if you’re extra worried then buy some simple steriliser (I had some for the home brew), chuck the hose in the bucket of steriliser, rinse it out and away you go.

2 Likes

The thing about the pot filler at the stove – an expensive extra – is, maybe a holdover from lead pipe days, I like to let the water run out a bit before filling , so as not to use what is sitting in the pipe for how many days. Couldn’t let it run out on the stove.

That adapter would have been great for washing the dog on the deck with warmish water. But he is not with us any longer. Would have welcomed it in kiddie pool days.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.