This hydroponics water garden could be just the desk accessory you need right now

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/23/this-hydroponics-water-garden.html

With sufficient nutrient mix, the plant shouldn’t require any watering or fertilizing

So, with sufficient water and fertilizer, the plant shouldn’t require any water or fertilizer?

8 Likes

What looks like a thin walled roundbottom flask with two holes in the neck. I do not anticipate any problems with this design at all. Nope, none. /s

I think it would have been much safer and practical to have a rope hammock supporting the glassware rather than introducing flaws into the sides of the neck that will be a constant stress point.

7 Likes

Seriously? Thirty-odd bucks? A bottle? For a plant? Seriously?

And the “rack” looks like something I made in vacation bible school when I was 10 years old.

4 Likes

I’ve seen this exact product used on a gardening YT channel i follow and aesthetically its nice but not practical as the bar that goes through the neck of the bottle can obstruct one’s ability to carefully remove plants from the water if you’re using it to root cuttings. That coupled with how narrow the neck is you need to fully remove the bottle from its stand and then carefully pull your plants out. You’re honestly better off rooting or growing plants in jars, cups or any other container that gives you easier access to get plants in and out of it.

5 Likes

5 Likes

tenor(4)

4 Likes

Calling a vase a hydroponics water garden desk accessory is real copywriting magic. I’m kind of impressed.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.