A beginner's guide to the Redpill Right

Fuck hats.

1 Like

Sounds like a job for Uncle Enzos! Anybody here got their number?

La Cosa Nostra Libertizza?

One of the best takedowns of communism is in reality.

These sad saps. They come to the revolution thinking they’re gonna be the captains of industry, but they all forget that someone has to die for the cause.

2 Likes

What does that even mean?

Revolutionaries tend to disappear after the revolution.

1 Like

There is no “after the revolution”! It’s perpetual revolution.
They disappeared because somebody fooled them into thinking it was over.

1 Like

Is that supposed to be some sort of endorsement?

Supposed to be?

Is what an endorsement of what?

If you cant keep up perhaps you should abstain from trying to join the conversation

I can keep up with incomplete sentences and vague innuendo just fine. I thought you were leading into some insightful critique or cultural observations. Sorry I asked.

5 Likes

I tend to agree on this article - at least in regard to the examples which I have seen myself.
The pattern is but part of a larger pattern - too large for a mere article. It’s basically about how people turn towards a political direction or other preferences based on cognitive shortcomings, faulty methodology, intellectual laziness and other reasons.
Other political directions and ideologies enjoy much undeserved support as well.

The article is nevertheless written very poorly, in an overly intellectual or pseudo-intellectual vocabulary.
Plain English would have been much better.

A blank check?

1 Like

Nope. I don’t think everything they say is always wrong, but I do think their ideas are bad ones.

I’m not actually calling for civility. (Understanding, yes.) Civility is the language of power. You’re angry and you’re right to be angry. But there are constructive ways to express that anger that don’t give the other side ammunition, that don’t confirm their worst suspicions of you.

And on the other side they are saying exactly the same thing. Sometimes in those words, even. And when I talk to someone like that, I find myself saying almost exactly the same as what I am saying here.

I’m not arguing anyone’s a victim, much less a real or fake one. And I really hope I’m not fooling anyone. I’m not trying to. If you won’t believe I believe what I say I believe, if you believe there are only Us and Them and no one who is trying to step outside that way of thinking, then there’s really no point in engaging me unless you want to score points by dropping another sick burn or two.

It occurs to me at this point that if I do, in fact, truly believe what I claim to believe, it’s up to me to prove it. I’m willing to listen - to understand, not to reply. Just tell me how things got this bad.

2 Likes

While you are inclined to your hypothetical theories, we must share the facts.

The last time A Tangerine Bird showed up to defend gamergate, there were aplenty attempts to engage and try to understand where Bird was coming from.

Bird’s only contribution to this thread has been to trivialize calling out the organized harassment of women.

So, yeah.

5 Likes

I will take your characterization of the user on faith. But - no hypothetical theories here - what you’re doing is making things worse, not better.

If you think someone’s a trolley, just don’t feed them. Countertrolling just confirms their expectations and reinforces their resistance. You might want to say ‘I don’t care if a trolley’s feelings get hurt’, but they’re saying the same about you, and that’s what’s driving the cycle.

3 Likes

Um… it was the Brits who claimed/classified the Irish as not being like them, because they were colonizing the place. The irish claimed whiteness in the US, because it benefited them, as a political group.

And that, right there, should probably call the whole construction of race into question if you ask me. What we’re talking about here is not the genetic code for skin color - it’s the meaning of black, white, etc. That’s what we mean when we say “race”.

5 Likes

Meh. Sick burns feel good (even better than downvoting). It’s a goodness that, for me, outweighs the potential badness. And you know what else? They also help to create a sense of community – and it’s not an exclusionary sense of community.

Btw, do you know what tone policing is? You should know, cuz you’re doing it, and it’s just not nice (aside from making you look like a jerk).

3 Likes

I’d say that they very obviously do create an exclusionary sense of community. That’s the point.

I’m familiar with the term. (Just to be sure, I went and looked it up.) ‘Don’t be hateful, escalation is counterproductive, understand the other side is human’ is tone policing now?

If that’s what I am doing, then how is what you’re here doing not the same?

2 Likes

This is where we fundamentally disagree.

I’d rather be judged for mocking wrongheaded behavior than to have my silence construed as complicity.

15 Likes