A bookseller amongst her wares (possibly NSFW)

[Permalink]

So that’s why you never see a bookseller when you need one for advice in some stores.

18 Likes

I’d Dewey that decimal!

4 Likes

They missed a spot.

5 Likes

Don’t judge a book by it’s lack of covering.

3 Likes

I might have to rethink my “kindle is better than paper in every way” stance.

9 Likes

I am such a book geek. I literally want a much bigger version of this pic… so I can read the book spines. That’s all. (Honest.)

2 Likes

Look at the spine label, must be ex-lib.\

1 Like

Sadly, I wouldn’t be able to pull that off. I would probably cause patrons to flee screaming!

Ever heard of Google’s Search by Image?

In any case, see here to get to a bigger version.

1 Like

Yeah, not big enough for my tastes. I mean, sure, I can recognize some books with bigger type, like the Scalzis, but most I can’t read what they are. I want something that I can look over and say “Read it, read it, need it, don’t care, ugh, hate that author, read it,” etc.

Probably a version as big as I want doesn’t exist though.

1 Like

Does it irk anyone else that their happy hour lasts from 5 through 7pm?

1 Like

Is this “art” ? You know, the kind of art where women are naked and the men are clothed “art” ? Like the last few centuries of classical art, where young, conventionally beautiful women are the nude objects, as seen by men. I searched the photographer’s site for other images of say, male business owners naked and painted amongst their inventory but could not find any. Why not ?

1 Like

reindeers are better than people

1 Like

there should be a phrase for this kind of thing, something like “free-range organic objectification”, where one can indulge oneself without guilt.

“this model has been certified by the Society of Liberal Exhibitionists (SOLE) to be performing as an autonomous entity seeking liberation and/or self-empowerment. they have not been externally coerced or manipulated in any way, beyond the ambient oppression of neoliberal capitalism, which they are either seeking to undermine or at least have externalized through an elaborate social theory…”

11 Likes

Let me get this straight. You’re saying you looked through the photographer’s large portfolio, and this is the only nude image you can find, so he’s part of of a long, shameful tradition of nude images?

2 Likes

C’mon, admit it; you were just looking at her Asimov.

7 Likes

13 Likes

Actually I’ve shot male nudes as well.

http://www.billwadman.com/blog/2013/09/sculpture-with-red-sox
and

for example.

However, part of the fun of this image is the fact that it’s making a nod to the cheesy pin-up tradition of the past while at the same time the model is of the owner of a sci-fi book store.

11 Likes

Well, I did notice that some of the books in the photo didn’t have jackets.

2 Likes