"A bullet to the head": Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene approved of posts calling for Pelosi, Obama, Hillary Clinton and FBI agents to be executed

Some do, but they certainly tout the idea that they do.

Just because larger companies buy up/swallow smaller companies, doesn’t really negate my point.

2 Likes

Your “concept” that you’re buying locally isn’t really true. You’re most likely still buying from Amazon.

Warrior Activate GIF by zoefannet

5 Likes

22%, but that’s almost half of the voters the GOP politicians need to even get elected dogcatcher. So the calculus that still runs through their heads is “treason or obscurity? Hmmm.”

4 Likes

Sorry, I certainly didn’t mean to drag sex-workers down to her level.

6 Likes

Citation needed? Depends what you’re talking about. The toy shop an hour away isn’t Amazon, and gets his stuff from the toy distributors. The guy I got this UV light from isn’t Amazon or getting their products from Amazon. The Yooperlites I ordered with it aren’t from Amazon. The new mainspring housing and mag well and new magazines I ordered from Ed Brown had nothing to do with Amazon. The small run Boba Fett pins from Left Coast Graphics had nothing to do with Amazon. The 3D printed resin throne kit from the end of The Mandalorian has nothing to do with Amazon. These are just a few items I have bought fairly recently that came through the mail.

Amazon is getting too big for its britches, it’s true. That doesn’t mean there aren’t smaller businesses doing business outside of Amazon. It also doesn’t mean some of those companies aren’t having problems due to the fucked up mail system. Where items can take weeks to get to where they are supposed to go.

2 Likes

The combination of the pandemic, Trump fuckery, and the Christmas crush really did a number on things. Packages I sent out via Priority Mail took well over a week to get out of the Chicago area.

I just sent my first package since then, and it made it in two days, faster than promised. Go figure.

1 Like

She has been assigned to the House Education panel.

2 Likes

And these people are let on to the House floor w/guns??

No. they’re not supposed to bring guns on the floor. They can have them in their offices, but not on the house floor.

10 Likes

IIRC there is no way to bring a gun into the Capitol without violating DC gun laws (if you don’t have a DC gun permit).

You’ll notice that the gops always use “Democratic” in polite/formal/official circles… but they always know to revert to “Democrat” at rallies, on right-wing TV, in their flyers.

They know exactly what they’re doing. But, if you ever correct them, they’d say “What do you mean? I don’t know what you’re talking about.” It’s the finger in the face while they say “What? I’m not touching you!!”

3 Likes

I’m going to assume that if people have guns in their offices, it’s because they have a DC permit. The point was about bringing guns to the floor of the house, however, not about DC gun laws.

6 Likes

That is sad news. So she will pull a Rand Paul and just vote stuff down for the publicity.

1 Like

True, they aren’t supposed to… Pelosi had metal detectors installed, and the Usual Suspects screamed bloody murder. Some have refused to go thru/bypassed the detectors. Pelosi says they will be issued escalating fines for doing so.

She needs to put her foot down. Fines ain’t gonna cut it.
You don’t go thru the detector, you don’t get in. Period.
Further, if you are found with a weapon outside your office, you are turned over to the tender mercies of the DCPD.

Those people are truly dangerous & need to be treated as such.

6 Likes

Double-whammy. Some of the pro-carry folks are also anti-mask.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.