A Calvinist and Hobbesian Look at Trump

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/07/a-calvinist-and-hobbesian-look.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH little President Donald and his imaginary publicist John learn some very troubling things about Obama!

8 Likes

I have a bad feeling we arenā€™t even close to the punchline yet.

21 Likes

fear truth is stranger than fiction

8 Likes

32 Likes

The urine jars are pure genius.

14 Likes

Not until Iā€™ve finished the set!

Ā”No hasta que haya terminado el set!

Ł„Ų§ Ų­ŲŖŁ‰ Ų§Ł†ŲŖŁ‡ŁŠŲŖ Ł…Ų¬Ł…ŁˆŲ¹Ų©!

ē›“åˆ°ęˆ‘å®Œęˆäŗ†é›†ļ¼

Teu nepi ka kuring geus rƩngsƩ set teh!

Š¢Š¾Š»ŃŒŠŗŠ¾ ŠŗŠ¾Š³Š“Š° я Š·Š°ŠŗŠ¾Š½Ń‡Ńƒ Š½Š°Š±Š¾Ń€!

4 Likes

I like how things get more insane with each strip.

9 Likes

The fact that the older Trump becomes piles of money when adults show up ā€¦ meaning that Trump is talking to his money ā€¦ is a very nice subtle stroke.

23 Likes

And in the comic, too!

I like how Miller is actually a pile of money. Those little touches of authenticityā€¦

14 Likes

This is one of his best lately.

You have to laugh. Otherwise you are crying because itā€™s all true

12 Likes

[quote=ā€œShuck, post:9, topic:96508ā€]I like how Miller is actually a pile of money. Those little touches of authenticityā€¦[/quote]Dang, I didnā€™t even notice that. I was thinking it could use some more elaborately absurd fantasy, but the obvious rejoinder is that the elaborately-absurd-meter pegged some time ago.

Has much been heard from John Miller lately, or has Trump et al. at least had the good sense to drop that pretense?

3 Likes

And yet again, Iā€™m forced to wonder: how did the right not see this coming? Has trump ever said, ā€œIā€™m sorry, Iā€™m wrong on this issue?ā€ and then worked to undo his error? No. He rationalizes his mistake, redirects to other topics, and blames other people for his faults or, better, makes up ludicrous stories to cover for himself. Senior Chief Petty Officer Owens, trumpā€™s taxes, his shitty lockdown EO 1 & 2ā€“every time, instead of stepping back and saying, ā€œHFS I really jacked that upā€, Americans get some variation of ā€œitā€™s someone elseā€™s faultā€“not mineā€.

Iā€™m NOT looking forward to the larger political/social/military fuckup due to trumpā€™s incapacity for governance, but I am fully expecting the same, ā€œItā€™s not my faultā€ nonsense. 3-5 million hidden voters? Devil Obama machinating grand ā€œdeep stateā€ conspiracies behind trumpā€™s back? HRCā€™s emails? How many times do we have to hear this for the Congress to finally say enough is enough?

Oh, wait, heā€™s a white male. Forgot that, sorry. Please carry on.

5 Likes

I think someone should get a leak to one of the shows that Trump watches that Martian war machines have landed in Grovers Mill, NJ, without visas.

13 Likes

Money seems to be Trumpā€™s ā€œRosebud.ā€
I think Trumpā€™s alter egos are no longer necessary because heā€™s got real people (for some value of ā€œrealā€) around him willing to take on that role, and Twitter lets him vent his ego with the pretense of a middle man.

The double standard is so obvious, in so many ways. For example, witness Trumpā€™s angry tweets about Obamaā€™s vacations, golfing and the expense of it. Yet at current rates, Trump will soon have spent more time and money out of the White House, golfing, than Obama did in 8 years. But Obama was a ā€œlazy black manā€ and Trump is a hard working guy, all evidence to the contraryā€¦

13 Likes

Encore!

1 Like

It would seem that the Google Translate AI is still not fit for purpose.

4 Likes

Mars isnā€™t on the country list and green isnā€™t one of the forbidden people colours, so whereā€™s the problem? Importing arms into the United States without bribing a few politicians?

3 Likes

Nicht bevor ich das Set fertig habe!

6 Likes

Das Land der Elefanten

It has all the best words!

4 Likes