A cat who eats like a hungry hungry hippo

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/18/a-cat-who-eats-like-a-hungry-h.html

7 Likes

And a hour or so later, a big pile of barely chewed of food was barfed by that the cat.

25 Likes

This was a long time ago, otherwise I’d have a hundred videos to share.

tenor

14 Likes

And then finally eaten by the other cat.

18 Likes

Should have named the cat, “Bucket Loader.”

4 Likes

I had a previous cat who liked to do that with juat her wet food. Stick her paw on it, lick the food off, repeat.

7 Likes

A family friend used to own a Maine Coon who would eat curry like this. It was quite amusing and very polite!

7 Likes

It took me a minute but here’s me and Sunny, the lazy bones cat I wrote about… I’m lifting up her baseball mitt paw!

11 Likes

Puss must have a hollow leg.

3 Likes

We had a cat who did something like that. Turns out the poor thing had a dental problem which caused him to have trouble keeping the food in the mouth after loading it in. One veterinary dental appointment later, and everything was back to normal.

Remember to check with your vet to rule out medical problems when your animal companions start exhibiting unusual behavior. Cats are especially likely to try to adapt, even to painful problems, rather than let you know something is wrong. Not every strange behavior has a medical cause, but it’s a good idea to rule it out early.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.