A Colorado bear really doesn't want to leave a man's porch, even when told to "Go away!"

Originally published at: A Colorado bear really doesn't want to leave a man's porch, even when told to "Go away!" | Boing Boing

5 Likes

5880ef672981142ff41ded2c0c25782c

17 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

13 Likes

So Da Bears have moved to Colorado?

Da Bears Football GIF

10 Likes

While this encounter is cute and all, the fact that this bear has become desensitized to human contact now means it’s most likely going to be put down sooner or later.

People living in the Wildland Urban Interface need to understand that interacting with bears is not a good idea.

ETA: looks like this guy is aware of the dangers and actively tries to shoo him away at least.

14 Likes

Scallywag

4 Likes

Yeah clearly someone fed them at some point. Might’ve been once but there’s no way to know, the likelihood the bear will be put down is relatively high unfortunately.

3 Likes

colbert-report-threat-bears|nullxnull

7 Likes

Really it’s a pity that human interaction is bad for those furballs, they could be a wonderful companion species.
Still, scallywag is not the worst insult you can throw at a bear, remember this?

I’ll take skallywag anytime…

5 Likes

He seems to me to be giving the bear mixed messages. I’m not surprised it was unsure whether to come or go.

1 Like

tumblr_p3e27e4xQb1sijyd6o1_500

8 Likes

I’m shocked to learn that not scaring the bear proved ineffective in preventing return visits.

Do yourself and other humans a huge favor and seize a teachable moment by scaring the living shit out of the animal. You’ll help it live longer.

4 Likes

He definitely needs a supply of these at the ready:

1 Like

Ok - I’ll rise to your bait…

5 Likes

Unbeknownst to him, the bear’s name is in fact Scalawag, and he keeps calling him back!

3 Likes

Come join me, it feels great!

clearly that bear’s feelings are hurt

The Facebook page for the town I grew up in in B.C. often has people complaining about these going off at night. Maybe they should try the “Scallywag” method.

2 Likes

The bear looks to be fairly young – hasn’t learned that hew-mons are not play toys or food sources, and neither are their stuff.

1 Like

Craigen, who calls the bear “Scallywag,” says the unwelcome visitor has come by more than once

I’m pretty sure the bears shouldn’t be the ones with the “unwelcome visitor” designation. We are the ones who are encroaching on their space.

3 Likes