A comic book artist illustrates the visual differences between Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/18/a-comic-book-artist-illustrate.html

10 Likes

Just going off your picture, I think Batman should be less musclebound. He needs to be more lithe to do some of the martial arts he’s supposed to know.

4 Likes

One looks like Adam West and the other looks like George Reeves, isn’t it?

6 Likes

I prefer one looks like Christopher Reeve and the other looks like George Clooney*

*who wasn’t the best Batman or or in a decent Batman movie, but he looked the closest to what I imagined he would resemble in real life

4 Likes

Batman is hogging all the sheets, so its tough to tell how musclebound he would be. I would expect Bruce Wayne to be selfish in bed.

3 Likes

tumblr_p1fkvpX0FL1wstpjoo1_500

7 Likes

Some might suggest that going a little further in this direction would be an improvement.

12 Likes

I also hate a bulky batman! he’s a strike-from-the-shadows emo antihero, he should look like one.

@Mangochin I agree, I’ve pften thought Clooney could have been a great batman in the right hands! he can do suave rich man, but also man-against-the-system really well, and has a face straight out of a comic.

6 Likes

Moody Emo Batman’s parents aren’t actually dead, but sometimes he likes to imagine they are.

7 Likes

I couldn’t read the tiny print, so here’s a link to the original:

https://www.shortpacked.com/comic/false-equivalence

4 Likes

snip pic of clark and bruce sharing a bed.

Geez Clark you don’t need to wear the glasses when you sleep.

4 Likes

He’s worried that if he doesn’t then Bruce Wayne might realize he’s Superman, and he knows that if his secret identity got out then his coworker Batman would never let him hear the end of it.

9 Likes

kilmer

4 Likes

7 Likes

But we all know the best Batman on screen was Kevin Conroy. Nobody but him can do the “different voice for Batman than Bruce Wayne” thing.

4 Likes

The '60s costumes looked ridiculous but they’re like pro wrestling outfits, they were built for doing stunts and fight scenes. The most absurd Batman was paradoxically also the most realistic.

7 Likes

“World’s Greatest Detective.”

Sure, buddy.

5 Likes

:rofl: We need a comic where they’re both just humoring each other the whole time.

S: “I’ve got ice breath! HHHHHAAA. Are you cold? Are you super cold now?”

B: “Yeah, man. You’re really good at that.”

3 Likes

6 Likes