A conference organizer lists imaginary women speakers to increase the appearance of diversity at his events

Originally published at: Conference invents speakers to increase appearance of diversity

2 Likes

Jeez, the tech industry even abuses made up women. :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

Were all the women speakers from Canada?

6 Likes

His bio:

My name is Eduards. I am a professional software engineer with 15+ years of experience. I’ve been involved in tech in different roles, including a team leader, chief architect, engineering manager, CTO, advisor, and independent consultant.

I’ve met people like this in the startup world: mediocre middle managers in tech who are charismatic enough to gain a small following of younger coders and then to parlay that into becoming a guru grifter.

His Google result also shows him on Xitter (appropriately enough), whinging that he’s the victim here.

7 Likes

A Tech-Up Artist? :thinking:

5 Likes

The 404Media posts have a ton of Xitter back and forth, where he is being “cancelled” etc. People quitting on him is the natural result of him being a dishonest POS. I don’t see his angle.

7 Likes

Yeah I see just another pos grifter doing typical grift things but the huge support for misogyny in popular culture will now likely make him richer for no good reason.

I hate everything.

Every. Thing.

8 Likes

That’s this con artist’s next logical move: monetising this with the “chicks can’t code” Gamergater crowd. Xitter is the perfect platform to start that process, and he may get support from the proprietor of the Nazi bar himself.

5 Likes

I’m just having fantasies now about an alternate timeline where someone figured out the scheme but didn’t announce it publicly, instead setting up fake IDs for women who wanted to speak at a tech conference but never get the opportunity. They’d show up and the organizer couldn’t admit that he’d invented them, so he’d have to let them talk…

5 Likes

Presenting our guest speakers:

Miss Teri Gal

Miss Dee Cietful

Miss Donja Believit

4 Likes

Eduards Sizovs looks like the Latvian form of a Russian name, as does his sockpuppet Julija Kirsina. He really didn’t try very hard to invent someone different from himself.

1 Like

Don’t forget the keynote speaker, Carolin Gallego.

1 Like

4 Likes

The latest stage in the long tradition* of women authors using male pen names for market acceptance.

* yeah, tradition isnt really the right word for that.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.