A crafty gentleman goes in for his Covid shot wearing a fake arm

Originally published at: A crafty gentleman goes in for his Covid shot wearing a fake arm | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Oh, the old “spaghetti arm” trick.

13 Likes

Cutting his real arm off first was the tricky part.

34 Likes

20 Likes

Nine months ago, people were so desperate for the vaccine they dressing up as senior citizens to sidestep eligibility rules. Today, we have idiots going to great trouble and expense to avoid a free shot they are mandated to receive. With all the crazy shit going on in February, I would never have guessed it would look sane compared to December.

31 Likes

Have you seen the story of the woman faking an allergic reaction to the vaccine?

10 Likes

Italy announced it would ban unvaccinated folks from engaging in most public activities

Oh to live in a civilized country like that!

25 Likes

Yikes, just remembered that Colonel Kurtz monologue from Apocalypse Now.

“…I remember when I was with Special Forces, seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn’t see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile, a pile of little arms. And I remember, I, I, I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn’t know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized, like I was shot, like I was shot with a diamond, a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God, the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure.”

10 Likes

It’s only “crafty” until he gets sick and dies.

6 Likes

At least one criminal has been unarmed.

6 Likes

I mean…the effort it takes to do stuff like this. Is it even worth it?

9 Likes

Is this is one of those “stupid games” things?

3 Likes

And just as in Apocalypse Now, people are learning all the wrong lessons from the situation.

4 Likes

I’m confused. You have to touch the arm to give the shot, and you’re going to feel a very particular resistance when you actually give an injection. Did he think that the arm just had to look right?

I mean, I get the fake weiners for drug testing (because it’s not like they’re going to say “ok, I’ve got to hold it for you while you wee in the cup”) as that’s a visual thing… This is a totally different sort of context.

the lengths people will go to to be selfish and irresponsible…

9 Likes

So, now, the one-armed man is the fugitive?

8 Likes

15 Likes

Well, arguably Kurtz did come away with the right lesson. The futility of it all.

2 Likes

Oh, he has been named. And now he’s on national and international news, and everyone knows what a total ass he is. Well done indeed.

Biella, protagonista un odontoiatra di 57 anni, Guido Russo. Spunta un tweet di una settimana fa con l’immagine di un busto fasullo di gomma e la scritta: "Se vado con questo se ne accorgono?"

Problem is, he may not be the only one, as there seems to be a surge of interest for online sales of silicon prosthetics intended to mimick body parts like arms or whole upper bodies.

So that’s another thing to worry about: idiots who think they are oh-so-clever, getting infected and spreading every which-a-where.

1 Like

“At least one criminal has been unarmed.“
Disarmed?

3 Likes

Deleted. :frowning:

2 Likes