A cute nerdy gosling hears its family having fun while its stuck trying to hop a curb (video)

Originally published at: A cute nerdy gosling hears its family having fun while its stuck trying to hop a curb (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

From personal experience, it sucks to be the runt. You go, little guy.

Mel B Good Luck GIF by America's Got Talent

15 Likes

an adorable gosling can’t keep up with its family and gets left behind

Not to be confused with the adorable but socially awkward Gosling in Lars and the Real Girl.

8 Likes

Goose babies are so cute. I have 3 families of them by me. I’ve been watching their growth.

12 Likes

“Nerdy”, “awkward”, “less athletic”? You are certainly projecting a number of inadequacies onto a bird that is just a bit smaller than the others.

4 Likes

I’m wondering if the “cute” makes up for the “nerdy?”

2 Likes

nerdy gosling

Band name!

3 Likes

You can hear the parents calling for the missing little guy and see them waiting when the cutie finally makes it over the wall. Good parenting.

1 Like

It takes them a while to absorb or synthesize enough spite and menace to enter their final form.

4 Likes

So very true. But they learn early as parents try to drive curious humans away if they get too close.

1 Like

A cute nerdy gosling hears its family having fun while its stuck trying to hop a curb (video)

Finally, a refreshing missing apostrophe instead of the garden variety extra one (normally there to warn the reader of the danger of an incoming s).

OK. I promise. No more title spelling posts today.

BTW, video not visible from here (Sweden).

2 Likes

For completeness, they are Canada geese. And those cute little goslings will all grow up to be complete bastards.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.