A farm bill blunder legalized weed across America

Iowa republicans just put the genie back in the bottle, by passing legislation limiting the dosage to comically low values. Destroyed the local industry overnight, and the local hemp dispensary was more than happy to just direct us to their online shop which is operating out of a neighboring state. Yay less state income for Iowa, more for Missouri!

3 Likes

The problem in Missouri is that the law was changed to where the only pot they can legally sell has to be grown in the state. Guess who lobbied for that change and who that suddenly created a monopoly for? A handful of huge growing operations are now sitting pretty and dispensaries had to figure out what to do with a bunch of inventory they could no longer sell.

Edit: This is my general understanding based on what a friend who works at a dispensary in Missouri told me. There’s likely some nuances i might be missing.

2 Likes

Must be a difference between regular cannabis and “farm bill compliant” products. As the farm bill edibles and such have come from other states.

1 Like

it never should have been illegal in the first place. Mello people are so much better to be around. I hope it stays legal.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.