A fascinating interview with an artist who designs conspiracy graphics for QAnon and the Deep State Mapping Project

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/04/a-fascinating-interview-with-a.html

It is impossible to facepalm hard enough for this right now.

21 Likes

Good luck trying to fit these little gems from one of people running on the Q platform for the house on those charts hahah

(^fair warning: more than half of the replies to this are NSFW)
6 Likes

21 Likes

When it comes to the design sensibilities and aesthetics of cranks, I still prefer this sort of thing:

Red string FTW. As for digital versions, I maintain that no-one has ever beaten the inimitable Gene Ray…

https://timecube.2enp.com/

12 Likes

tumblr_p6gn9iUT3k1r13x2bo5_500

17 Likes

What is most hurtful, just completely devestatingly shameful, is that there are conspiracies in this world. Q folks are just so full of racist hate or racist indifference to care. The conspiracy only matters to Q type people if they feel threatened, and being so comfortable and privileged, they have to invent dangers and injustice.

There are people suffering, being taken advantage of by evil billionaires, being hurt and killed and incarcerated by state sponsored goons who are in turn protected by organized crime rackets in the guise of police unions. People are dying because billionaires believe they are “eaters” and feel they don’t deserve housing or healthcare.

The main reason our current plague is so bad is because our leaders thought it would mainly stick to the urban areas of color. If that isn’t a Q level conspiracy, I dunno what is.

Fuck these Q people and the filth that makes their doodles for them, this “art” makes me want to vomit.

33 Likes

Why give the dangerous crazies a free platform at boing boing for their crazy message? You can report on the content without posting and linking to their content. Awful.

21 Likes

Yes, I am ranting but how is this fucking “fascinating?” Would it be fascinating to go and find the people who make the pamphlets for neo-nazi organizations, or maybe the person who lovingly hand-crafts the anti-vaxxers graphs and pie charts?

These people are being courted by really evil people to spread disinformation and conspiracy theory in a time when people need to see what is really going on. Instead they go to the store and attack minimum wage workers asking them to wear masks because they think they are somehow employees of the Illuminati. They berate and threaten people trying to put up cellphone towers.

Wtf, I mean this is a seriously weird editorial choice. Let’s just spread the manure deeper and deeper til we drown in it, and everyone goes and votes for Trump to stop the child hungry lucifarian Democrats, right?

24 Likes

I have to agree. No need to provide the Instagram links – just post the images (or screenshots of the IG posts) and give artistic credit to the nutball artist. Perhaps an edit is in order, @thomdunn?

It can be interesting to see how someone with talent bends it toward something deranged or hateful. Plenty of books have been written on Leni Riefenstahl and her films, for example.

To be fair, though, I’m not seeing a lot of Riefenstahl-calibre talent, here. Whether it’s the “lets [sic] cram as much info as possible into one post” kitchen-sink graphic or the lazy parodies of advertising and warning signs or whatever the $cientology-style garbage at the top of the FPP is, I get more of an Albert Speer level of hackery.

13 Likes

Assessing the Threat of QAnon Violence

Assessing the Threat of QAnon Violence – GNET

8 Likes

So discerning an avalanche of nuttiness hinges on something as mundane as an election? And if “…people are going to start thinking that Q was just bullshitting.” cause them to question the existence of Q or merely wag their finger and encourage Q to do better? There is comfort in being safe from scrutiny.

4 Likes

Q fanatics: GO GET THOSE PEDOS!

Also Q fanatics: Donnie is completely innocent even though he brought Epstein to a cheerleader buffet, talked about how Epstein liked them young, peeked in on teen pageant contestants, made many creepy comments about his underaged daughter and defended Maxwell like this…

17 Likes

Somehow, those red strings never connect back to Biff.

13 Likes

It’s just disconcerting to see Boing Boing featuring infographics that are banned from Twitter. Up is down.

13 Likes

EtA: these remarks are for KWMiller. Not Mr. Racoon!

Um. Qanon Dude. Just because you live in a closet doesn’t mean other USians do. Anime and KPOP have been popular for decades

Also anime first came from Japan. And KPOP from South Korea. That “k” is something we call a clue. You might want to look into purchasing a few clues for yourself. Ignorance is not a good look.

13 Likes

Then I was let go by the hellish supervisor because she saw me as the competition.

Why do I have the feeling that’s not exactly how it went down

13 Likes

Ignorance is a feature and not a bug in the eyes of racists :sweat:

12 Likes

Yeah, when JFK Jr didn’t reappear they blamed it on the weather and forgot about that whole prediction. They are impervious to reality.

5 Likes

Creativity is a terrible thing to waste.

7 Likes