A fond look back at the scariest 25 minutes on television

Great footage Mark! But actually, the scariest 25 minutes in television were the leadup to calling the 2016 election.

That thing was relentless. And pointy.

1 Like

“I’m not holding your hand.”

OTOH, Theo is pure awesome.

1 Like

The wikipedia article on O’Bannan mentions it at the end, and also has a couple of references.

It sounds like he had a severe case of Crohn’s, with multiple surgeries, and he died from complications due to it.

1 Like

The troll scene in The Cat’s Eye i think impacted me quite a bit as a child. This Zuni figure reminds me of that to an extent:

*edit: Not the original clip but it was the best i could find. It has added music from other sources.

1 Like

Same here, but its easy to see that it may have inspired similar works (Child’s Play / Chucky, Puppet Master).

I saw a really shitty horror movie called Tiki. It’s really bad but it seems that the general premise of the movie is fairly similar to the Amelia episode. It’s about a murderous possessed tiki wooden figure going about killing people. Can’t say i recommend the movie unless you’re into that sort of thing lol.

Given the nature of TV at the time I’m sure I only saw this movie one time at its original showing and yet it is still burned into my brain.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know! I’ve updated the post.

2 Likes

If by “win” you mean:

“Scorched the Internet with fire and fury the likes of which has never been seen before.”

:exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.