A Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 3)

It’s core to T****’s priorities, though, in aiding Russia. It’s naive to think it isn’t part of Grennell’s mission. And Hungary is part of the EU, and has already worked to block aid to Ukraine and admission of current nonmember states.

So investigate for evidence that is probably there. Meanwhile, put a hold on his passport so he can’t cover it up.

4 Likes

We’re still left with the problem that the Logan Act hasn’t been used since 1852. I’m not sure who was the first person to bring this law up recently, but it’s…an odd choice. I know I sound like a broken record, but only two people have ever been charged with violating that law and neither were convicted. And the last time was 172 years ago. It’s not technically a zombie law but it might as well be.

1 Like

Maybe so, but how much of that was because people obeyed the norms of just not doing that behavior? The law makes total sense.

The 14th Amendment is just as old. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t use it when Republican shamelessness has finally gotten to such an extreme that they are in open rebellion against andemocratically-elected government.

5 Likes

I think the rules are that if you’re an associate of someone charged with violating national security laws and criminal conspiracy and you’re traveling to meet with heads of state on his behalf you get investigated. Whether that’s by the FBI, Congress, a security clearance review or some 3 letter agency- someone at least takes a look at you and your actions.

7 Likes

Mike Flynn was investigated for violating the Logan Act and Trump accused John Kerry of violating it. As a reason to investigate violations of law it certainly exists.

6 Likes

One of Reagan’s advisors allegedly violated it before the 1980 election in making a deal with Iran to not release the hostages until after the election. John Sparkman and George McGovern were actually investigated for their trip to Cuba in 1975, but were not charged.

He wasn’t formally investigated for that. There was a note from Peter Strzok, who led the FBI’s Russia election interference investigation, that said only “VP: Logan Act,” which suggested that Biden had brought it up. It never went any further than that one mention.

The other reason that the Logan Act hasn’t been invoked more often is that there are very legitimate questions about its Constitutionality, and I suspect the government uses it as a threat more than anything because they’re afraid if they ever actually charge someone with it, it’s going to get declared to violate the First Amendment.

4 Likes

It sounds like the investigation included possible violations of the Logan Act. Regardless of whether it was formal or preliminary.

But that’s not the only reason to investigate the situation.

4 Likes

So if a leftist judge (imagine that existed!) had a drug dealer in front of them they should refuse to sentence them because the DoJ should be imprisoning the Sackler family and their criminal associates.
It MAGA logic was used anywhere else.

20 Likes

that's not how this works seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

13 Likes
9 Likes

https://archive.ph/VtvGb

10 Likes

Woman who stole Ashley Biden’s diary sentenced to month in prison

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4583881-woman-stole-ashley-biden-diary-sentenced-month-prison/

A Florida woman who stole Ashley Biden’s diary in 2020 was sentenced to one month in prison Tuesday.

Prosecutors accused Aimee Harris of stealing the president’s daughter’s diary in September 2020 while she was temporarily staying at Ashley Biden’s residence in Delray Beach, Fla. The diary contained “highly personal entries” as well as tax records, a cellphone and family photographs, according to the Department of Justice (DOJ).

Harris enlisted Robert Kurlander to assist her efforts, and they each pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges in 2022. Project Veritas, based in New York, paid Harris and Kurlander $20,000 each for the diary and other materials, which the two returned to Florida to obtain.

11 Likes

Good news, but only a month?!

9 Likes

It’s not logic. It’s flimsy excuses. Soon they won’t bother with those

7 Likes

But they all supported it yesterday. Abortion is the new third rail of politics.

12 Likes

VA Gov Trumpkin tries to gut the right to birth control.

15 Likes

Season 1 Episode 13 GIF by Friends

12 Likes
11 Likes

Marjorie Taylor Greene Calls Americans Her “Customers”

https://www.meidastouch.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-calls-americans-her-customers

Well, I suppose that if special interests have been buying your services that might be the conclusion.

6 Likes

Um

No Way GIF

12 Likes