A gallery of "woman yelling at cat" meme art in different historical styles

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/03/a-gallery-of-woman-yelling-at-cat-meme-art-in-different-historical-styles.html

19 Likes

I’m an old, and I don’t Tick Tocks, or whatever, so I would have liked to have seen the original…

5 Likes

You do realize that you can Google (or in my case DuckDuckGp) things, right?

Also, it’s an old meme, pre-TikTok. EDIT: Actually, it’s not that old, it’s from 2019. I guess 2020 has be a long decade.

21 Likes

It’s funny to me because my stepmother always gets frustrated by her various cats / dogs / rabbits / swans / chinchillas etc. and then yells at them like they’re people, e.g. saying “damn you! Why did you have to do that” to a peacock

2 Likes
6 Likes

I kinda fluv this:

16 Likes

Rejecting Republicans

Slow down a little, genius - I’m merely gifted.

12 Likes
7 Likes

Love the hieroglyphic memes, even if I can only figure out half of them

Ones I can make out are:
1st column - dabbing
3rd - loss.jpg
4th - dickbutt; distracted boyfriend; dat boi
5th - is this ___?; possibly the quizzical shiba inu?
7th - enlightened brain

12 Likes

Here is a lion yelling at people. Usually the people in in a darkened room

and of course this exclamation

2 Likes

Personal favourite:
mgm-lion-lippincott
Good design, no actual lions manhandled.

4 Likes

For the She-Ra Fans:

5 Likes

This is the kind of high quality content we need in these times.

(And I’m not being sarcastic for a change.)

10 Likes

Also fun fact, Smudge the cat isn’t confused, he’s just demonstrating the Flehmen response (something that any cat owner should be familiar with). So he may no like vegetals, but he’s very interested in their scent.

11 Likes

There’s a family story that my great-grandmother was taken to the first cinema to open in Bridgend (Wales), and when the MGM lion roared she screamed and ran out of the theater.

6 Likes

The science is cool, but it’s still fun to pretend that animals like Smudge are expressing their disgust.

Also why are there so many cats named “Smudge?”

6 Likes

The illustration of the horse doing it is great :smiley:

2 Likes

Love it! :rofl:

Looks like a UFO in the 2nd column :smiley:

5 Likes

2nd may be Spaghetti Kiss ?

4 Likes

The 6th column is what appears to be an egg surrounded by lots of the god of eternity, Heh. There are also three Heqets, the frog goddess of rebirth and fertility. Her symbols (as here) were used to represent the number one million.

5 Likes