A gin company already made a sequel to that dystopian Peloton ad

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/09/a-gin-company-already-made-a-s.html

7 Likes

Ryan Reynolds is a national treasure. Someone let Canada know they can’t have him back.

19 Likes

It’s a deep fake, you can tell by the pixels.

1 Like

Well, at least she didn’t need to gain her shot at stardom by starring in Law & Order as Dead Bystander #2.

6 Likes

Maybe “Grace from Boston” can become an on going character across multiple advertising campaigns; like an amped up version of Monkey!

monkey 02

monkey 01

3 Likes

I like the nod to the Peloton ad when her friend says “You look good, by the way”.

14 Likes

Is it worth my while to find out who the hell Ryan Reynolds is?

7 Likes

Actor, probably most famous as Deadpool, these days, I think.

And, no, I don’t know how he’s connected to the commercial.

6 Likes

It’s his gin company.

14 Likes

Ryan Reynolds owning a gin company seems totally appropriate and sort of comforting.

12 Likes

Ah.

I also heard that’s why Gorgeous Clooney doesn’t bother with acting anymore. He become a billionaire when he sold off his tequila company.

6 Likes

ac7f796845ee04073d2889486d59e84f

Yes it is.

26 Likes

you don’t know who Ryan Reynolds is?!?

18 Likes

He seems to be a stand-up guy. I read about this yesterday:

10 Likes

My only issue with Ryan Reynolds is that he got married at a fucking plantation.

10 Likes

George Clooney used money from a coffee advert to buy satellite imaging of Sudan to try and track war crimes.

So not only is he much better looking than me, he’s also a much better human being.
Dick :frowning:

13 Likes

OK, did my due dili and I’ve not seen anyone post this chestnut yet:

10 Likes

Eh. I don’t think she has a distinctive enough “look” for the ad to really work - I wouldn’t have even realized it’s the same actress until the “you look really good, by the way!” line. Might have been better if she was sitting there in her workout clothes or something.

99.9999% of the people who see it will be told the context of the ad at the same moment they see the ad, just like we were. I’d be surprised if they were paying to run this anywhere—unless they could somehow swing a deal where it ran immediately after the Peloton ad.

You don’t have to like viral ads (or gin, or stationary bikes) but this was extremely well done by the standards of the genre.

8 Likes

Which just means that everyone knows the punchline before they hear the joke. Just not that funny.