A "Grease" prequel is in development

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/11/a-grease-prequel-is-in-dev.html

3 Likes

quark-but-why

26 Likes

Is this strictly neccessary?

13 Likes

Be still my beating heart!

No, seriously, just kill me.

8 Likes

tumblr_ppsfhgwB6a1wjnimho1_500

8 Likes

WTF. COME ON. I can’t even…

5 Likes

I hope that it is a Western.

7 Likes

Bad graphic: if that were an actual football audience doing the Mexican Wave, the people in different colored jerseys would be to busy stabbing each other.

2 Likes

I’m in favor of this only if John Travolta reprises his iconic role.

6 Likes

I’ve always had a strong dislike for Grease. I don’t need this in my life. For those that feel they do, more power to ya!

2 Likes

I guess we’ll finally find out if “she put up a fight”. (Tell me more! Tell me more!)

9 Likes

10 Likes

This is so not “the one that I want;” oh no, indeed…

8 Likes

There was a time I would have said this was a thin premise for a studio to hang a prequel on, but we live in a time where a movie based on the Battleship board game was a thing.

I do love the opening titles of the original movie, though, so thanks for posting that.

12 Likes

Just leave it be, the sequel wasn’t as bad as “Xanadu”, but it was still unwatchable. I assume a prequel would be just as bad.

3 Likes

Still, better than the Phantom Menace.

7 Likes

Hahahahahah! Yes! That’s exactly what I was thinking.

I can’t imagine the point of “telling the story” of their “Summer Loving” any further than what was covered in the song. Wow. Who is the audience for this?

Is someone trying to launder drug money? Because this is how you launder drug money.

12 Likes

Please, no. Just… no. Write a different story, please.

3 Likes

@mindysan33 But why?¹

The Rules of Acquisition

• #292 Only a fool passes up a business opportunity.
  • #2 Money is everything.
  • #2 or #34 The best deal is the one that brings the most profit.
  • #10 Greed is eternal.
  • #97 Enough… is never enough.

Foot note¹: Rule #19 Satisfaction is not guaranteed.

5 Likes

Speaking as a child of the 70s who owned that record and saw Grease in the theaters …

2015-08-26-1440587656-1100360-1fRw07v3z4atC1cFqdWCqw

Also, I really don’t wan to know if “She put up a fight.”

6 Likes