A handy pamphlet for coping with extra-dimensional anxiety

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/21/a-handy-pamphlet-for-coping-wi.html

6 Likes

I really liked the last episode’s portrayal of PTSD. Usually we’re only shown the meltdowns of a character who suffers from it, but this showed how it can also constantly and quietly eat at a person’s lifestyle and relationships.

14 Likes

extra-dimensional anxiety

EDA is very contagious, remember to wash your brain after each use.

7 Likes

dang. i was hoping for a printable PDF. i’d be sorely tempted to print up a stack and leave them here and there.

10 Likes

The episode mentions “squid-pro-quo,” filmed months before the impeachment investigation came to light.

16 Likes

I’m tempted to print some of the EDA pamphlets and leave them in the office breakroom…

6 Likes

Public service announcement: This show is really, really good for anyone who is on the fence about giving it a try. It takes chances in the storytelling, and the cast is just about perfect.

11 Likes

I’ve got your fix for extra-dimensional anxiety: the Feraliminal Lycanthropizer:

According to my calculations*, a jolt of the Feraliminal Lycanthropizer will “trigger states of urgency and fearlessness and disarmor the intimate charms of the violent child within … producing feelings of aboveness and unbridled openness.”

(*Actual calculations may differ from ones imagined.)

5 Likes

I find I like my anxiety in 4 dimensions (3 dimensions + time).

2 Likes

Yeah, i still see him as an inversion of rorschach if rorschach received the help he so clearly needed and i think the parallels are intentional. But it was a great episode overall, i like how they use the audience’s knowledge of the comic and that particular reveal to upend the character’s total world view (even though i’m suprised veidt would leave such evidence unless it’s part of some bigger plan). Each episode is advancing the story satisfactorily with some great visuals and watchmen absurdity.

3 Likes

Recently I have coined, and taken comfort in, the phrase “Time, and its handmaiden, Space.”

Technically three handmaidens, I suppose … Euclidean Muses, so to speak.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.