A high school coach was fired after his basketball team threw tortillas at Latino rival team

Testosterone poisoning runs rampant in both types of football players and their rabid fans. Didn’t used to see it nearly as often in baseball players, but we see it more and more since (go figure!) steroids’ proliferation.

1 Like

That wouldn’t be wasting food.

4 Likes

I have totally been balancing my desire not to watch the video vs my curiosity of how the tortillas were thrown. So I have been thinking of the tortillas, just not the right way.

2 Likes

And here in Washington state.

5 Likes

Look up videos of the Pasadena Doo-Dah parade instead. It’s a wacky counter-culture parade and throwing tortillas (and marshmallows) at the crowd there is a long-standing tradition, which, to the best of my knowledge, is not racist in that context. I think they’re just used because they’re cheap and they fly pretty well compared to other food products. Some people have built tortilla launchers and everything.

2 Likes

Having worked as a steward at an English professional football team, the punishment for throwing tortillas at players would likely be the same as for throwing bananas at them.

A stadium ban for at least several years, and possibly for life. That ban would apply to all 92 professional league teams, the 72 National League teams and any local non-league teams, and breaking it is a criminal act with fines and potential prison time. We don’t like that racist shit happening.

6 Likes

Uh. Coronado is in San Diego bay. It’s literally in spitting distance of downtown San Diego.
Other than that, yes, most kids there likely eat Mexican food almost daily and the coach is an idiot.

2 Likes

And you can squish it into those hard little balls…ouch.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.