A humorous comparison of Trump and Obama at the National Prayer Breakfast

That we know of. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I was made aware of this the last time it came up. It doesn’t matter. When attending another sects service, one is expected to follow along said service. I don’t believe the Obamas are Presbyterian’s either. They had the sheet in front of them, just read the words. At least act like you’re reading the words.

Assuming you are correct that Presbyterians use one the Creeds, then it is almost impossible not to mouth the words after hearing them hundreds of times.

Trump is not a Christian.

I assume you don’t go around saying you’re a Christian and that your favorite book is the Bible, which you have read many times, yet can’t quote a word from it.

I don’t have a problem with non-Christians or Atheists. I have a problem with liars and hypocrites.

11 Likes

29 Likes

They would hate him and kick him out of the country - he’s an olive skinned man wearing simple worker’s clothing that preaches about charity, helping the poor and foreigners.

I’m an atheist but am respectful when in religious gatherings. As long as others respect my choice, I’ll respect theirs (unless it’s hateful). The real point being made is in the quote below.

Where’s one of the “THIS!” gifs when you need it?

10 Likes

I hope that those two articles do not somehow legitimize Trump in your eyes.

Meanwhile, the organization behind the Prayer Breakfast was the subject of a documentary

3 Likes

Hmm. He was acquitted. Having the voters decide would be double jeopardy, right?
This election is unconstitutional!!!

/s

10 Likes

Please don’t give him any ideas!

15 Likes

If he was lucky

3 Likes

OH one more gem:

Moderator Frank Luntz asked Trump whether he has ever asked God for forgiveness for his actions.

“I am not sure I have. I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don’t think so,” he said. “I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don’t bring God into that picture. I don’t.”

Trump said that while he hasn’t asked God for forgiveness, he does participate in Holy Communion.

“When I drink my little wine – which is about the only wine I drink – and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed,” he said. “I think in terms of ‘let’s go on and let’s make it right.’”

You can’t be a Christian and not ask God to forgive your sins. That is sort of the whole point of the religion. Taking the wine and “cracker” is just a hollow gesture devoid of meaning if it isn’t prefaced with asking to be forgiven.

https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/18/politics/trump-has-never-sought-forgiveness/index.html

8 Likes

Prideful Ignorance

It’s so god-damned pathetic.

1 Like

Not a true Christian, in any case.

I think there’s a difference between Trump and, say, Mike Pence.

I have no doubt that Pence is a Christian; his form of Christianity is IMO a bad, bigoted one that misses the central point of Christ’s teachings, but he definitely is a Christian. His faith and religion inform his actions and statements (unfortunately mostly in bad ways).

Trump, on the other hand, comes off as someone who merely mimics being a Christian, because that’s what is expected of him, and does a very poor job at it.

7 Likes

As an American citizen I was deeply shamed by my Presidents behavior at the National Prayer Breakfast this year. The man has no decency.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.