A Kentucky jailer up for reelection was secretly recorded using the N-word in racist, sexist phone call

But isn’t that the obvious conclusion to those poor put upon racists? First call them racists, then we throw them in jail… must be why the majority of people in prison are white men who said racists shit… /s

8 Likes

2 Likes

That’s not what I’m suggesting. I’m noting how the society that we live in is highly racist, and we can see that in outcomes. Part of the reason we have these outcomes are because of people who hold racist views continuing to hold positions of power in our society.

4 Likes

Me, too! I’m sure the number of white men who’ve said racist shit and committed jailable offenses, yet wander free, far exceeds the number of POC legitimately incarcerated right now.
Ignoring for now all the other things we need to do, if we just started enforcing the laws we do have, and doled out sentencing, equitably and consistently, the demographics of the incarcerated population would undergo a massive shift in that direction.

3 Likes

Isn’t it funny how things never end up sliding along these slippery slopes? Almost like people have the direction wrong and we are already at the bottom.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.