A list of all the booze in Casablanca (surprisingly long!)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/22/french-75.html

5 Likes

I’ve found that trying to keep up with the drinking in certain movies or shows (i.e. having a shot whenever they pour one) is a BAD idea. Especially Mad Men. Likewise with Jessica Jones or Supernatural.

13 Likes

I’m not drinking right now.

16 Likes

Hold my cocktail, Bogie:

17 Likes

thank you. it’s one thing to depict a lot of drinking of wine and champagne in a french territory, it’s quite another to keep up with Nick & Nora in The Thin Man.

11 Likes

I came here to say they should do “The Thin Man”.

I first saw that movie in a restored theater downtown. They’d show classics on the big screen during the summer. It was billed as “Murder, Mayhem, and Martinis”.

6 Likes

It’s too early for me to read that list.

5 Likes

Tried that on Peaky Blinders… It was a mistake.

5 Likes

I could see if it was the same person or people (cf. “The Thin Man” as others have already referenced), but this is a list of all the people in a BAR drinking alcohol.

Just what do you expect to see being drunk in a bar? Milk shakes?

5 Likes

I guess Casablanca isn’t a beer town. . .

6 Likes

You tried to match Jessica Jones drink for drink?

I’d take my hat off to you, but I’m afraid you might puke in it.

11 Likes

I’m shocked.

6 Likes

At least those were those adorable tiny martinis in little coupe glasses they used in the 30s. But still, Myrna Loy could drink me under the table.

8 Likes

12 Likes

I’ve always had/made French 75s with gin.

Properly made, it shouldn’t be too sweet.

8 Likes

proper 3oz martinis, for sure. but all day long? omg. they even have a bar in their bedroom, in case they need a bracing drink in the middle of the night!

5 Likes

Everybody comes to ER (to get their stomachs pumped)

3 Likes

I am shocked, shocked that this list is only outdone by the list of cigarettes smoked and the list of often quoted lines.

4 Likes

a propos Jessica Jones I don’t think I would want to try to match the drinking of a character that is supposed to be an alcoholic in response to trauma and has superhuman endurance.

1 Like

Try following along with “Withnail and I”, second thoughts don’t as it will end badly :wink:

7 Likes