A live-action Pac-Man movie is in the works

Originally published at: A live-action Pac-Man movie is in the works | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Please Stop Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

22 Likes

Also an apparently atrocious Adam Sandler movie.

PixelsOfficialPoster

And a considerably less atrocious Marvel movie.

12 Likes

You beat me to it.

Still, they don’t seem to be listening, so I will reiterate:

15 Likes

Evergreen gif…

no_no_bad

10 Likes

I can just see a group of people sitting around in a writers room for three hours…in dead silence…and suddenly, just to break the tension, someone blurts out “Pac-Man!”

Then this shit happens.

8 Likes

Credit goes to: Emmanuel Rodriguez

17 Likes

Cool and creepy. That’s a lot of teeth.

4 Likes

At least four different studios have also announced plans to make a movie based on the “Monopoly” board game over the years but so far no one has followed through on the threat.

6 Likes

Didn’t they do make this already as THE MAZE RUNNER?

3 Likes

(Bangs head on table until unconscious)

If it isn’t that astronaut necking anxiety pills because he keeps seeing the ghosts of his dead friends then no, do not want.

8 Likes

At first blush my initial thought is ‘What can you do with the Pac-Man franchise?’ and then I realize that there were actually some games that had some degree of plot to them which -could- potentially give it some depth to work from?

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures - Wikipedia

Barring that initial thought though: Given we’ve had decent luck with recent live adaptations like Sonic (including the sequel IMHO. I enjoyed it. Haven’t paid attention to the public reception.) and Pokemon with Detective Pikachu. I’d certainly give this one some leeway and see where they take it. May just be pleasantly surprised.

Ok Mr. The Rock, your motivation in this (and every) scene is that you’re afraid of ghosts because they will kill you. The only way that you can escape them is to eat every bit of evenly distributed food in the maze. Once you do that, well, have you ever seen Groundhog’s Day?

Also, we’re already planning the sequel. How do you feel about wearing a red bow?

2 Likes

But wait, I’ve got a treatment, here me out:

Mr. Pak is a food blogger in New York, haunted by the ghosts of his past, finding solace in food…

Jarmusch directs it.

(It’s at least a faithful adaptation as anything else coming out of Hollywood, even if it’s going in a rather different direction…)

5 Likes

Pac-Man enters the real world and hilarious fish-out-of-water hijinks ensue before he defeats the Giant Glowing Space Beam with the Power of Friendship and helps the lovable loser get the girl. ~fin~

1 Like

drunk the end GIF

1 Like

We could go back to it’s origins, and have the film be a critique of capitalism with Mr Monopoly as a Gordon Gekko style villain.

6 Likes

Because I live to play again another day, Pac-Man!
I play each day so that my game will keep improving
Some day I’ll figure out just how the ghosts are moving
Can’t wait to see the big budget live action movie
With Richard Simmons as Pinky, and Patrick Stewart as [Pac-Man]

Pac-man by Sudden Death

I would watch a film based on the Marcus Brigstocke joke

If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

8 Likes