A Mass Shooting that Didn't Make Headlines (in the media sources @TrollsOpinion reads)

here’s another one from the onion that horribly and regrettably expresses the attitudes of far too many americans. living in texas i’ve been subjected to these kinds of arguments after every mass shooting since columbine.

5 Likes

At least “unrestricted gun ownership is worth the occasional mass shooting” is a value judgement, even if it’s one I that strongly disagree with. More often I hear “unrestricted gun ownership has no relation whatsoever to the prevalence of mass shootings in this country,” which is downright bonkers.

4 Likes

This was on mainstream TV news in Australia.

I logged in here to ask America how all the guns are going, but got distracted with other trolling instead.

1 Like

Oh, wait… this one’s way better!

“Hows all the guns going, America?”

In Germany, too.

“Barely covered” compared to what?

We’ve already established that it was covered nationally. Considering only one person was killed, it was covered about as much as would be expected, in a country where, unfortunately, one person shooting another is an all-too-common occurrence.

You clearly have some reason why you think it was “buried.” Why not just come out and say it, instead of unsuccessfully trying to insinuate something?

5 Likes

In cases like this there are also reasons why more coverage is not always better.

Why do people keep saying that?

Guns are tools, and BB is a tool-oriented site.

So bizarre.

Have you read any of the articles about the 3D printing of guns? Do you actually understand Cory’s stance on these things? How you can’t legislate away technology?

It’s like you come from a planet where you only read the things you want to, and nothing else exists.

And it cool to only read the things you want to.

But you can’t claim that your knowledge is reflective of a greater reality.

2 Likes

I’m guessing our local trolley won’t come out and say that this shooting (supposedly) isn’t being covered because the shooter identifies as Native American, instead of as white. White persecution complex, and all the shite that goes along with it.

3 Likes

@funruly

I am aware of them.

While I have not had the pleasure of reading any of CDs books. I’m familiar with the gist of Little Brother and I support the message.

How can you pretend to know what I read?

If you claim that BB is a gun-control oriented site, you either haven’t read it, or can’t comprehend it.

Go read CD’s PrintCrime.

Then come back here and tell us, with a straight face, how BB is a technology-control oriented site.

Ok, I read the story.

I’m sure the BB is all for technology, but you still have a long row to hoe if you want me to believe that BB is a pro -[printed] firearms community.

I think we can infer some of the things you don’t read if you think the media has been “burying” this story. This was still the #2 story when I checked Google News a few minutes ago—several days after the incident itself—even though there are many other national and international stories of major import including (but not limited to):

• The upcoming U.S. midterm elections
  • The Ebola outbreak
  • The developing situation with ISIS
  • The World Series

2 Likes

I think one of the victims passed away today. This may have brought the story back to the surface.

AND, in all fairness. Its on the front page of CNN:

My take on it, is that the general public has figured out that the issue is polarizing, and even though the gun-nut NRA members are a minority, they’re the ones with most of the guns, and they’re the ones building up militias, and they’re the ones taking it upon themselves to go manhunting at the borders, and they’re the ones with paranoid delusions of a civil war against the government.

Taking that into account, I’d rather not piss them off too much to their collective faces, because they might just pull out their prosthetic dicks I mean guns, and shoot me.

1 Like

It’s the new normal.

2 Likes

Yet another confirmation that extremists on the side of pro-firearms deregulation and proliferation are quite literally the most cowardly simpletons America has to offer.

ETA: What disgusts me the most about those abhorrent people is that they’re willing to stoop to terrorism, literal terrorism, while shouting about how they’re the most patriotic sumsabitches in 'murica. They can all go suck on their rifle barrels if they love their weaponry so much that they have to threaten and intimidate, and stalk their opponents in their attempt to make policy changes.

1 Like

Oh, wow, that’s a heck of a long distance to move a goal-post. There’s a difference between being agnostic about a tool, and being agnostic about the fanclub. The ACLU may have defended the KKK’s right to march, but it didn’t send them a Christmas holiday card.

3 Likes

Are you high?

Who is moving what goalpost? I didn’t request a standard of proof.

Hell, I see your goalpost and I raise you a strawman.

That BB or CD would champion the guerrilla production of ‘printers’ as a form of civil disobedience isn’t surprising- but its a far cry from advocating the at home manufacture of guns.