A million reasons to stay alive

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/28/a-million-reasons-to-stay-alive.html

@orenwolf: could you please ask Claudia Dawson to add the suicide hotline info at the end of the FPP per standard practise? She’s made us aware of a lovely concept and site, but some who read the post may need more help.

17 Likes
6 Likes

This isn’t helping.

10 Likes

Because my pets love and need me, and I need to take good care of them.

I added that.

10 Likes

So you’re saying that tight pants are a reason to stay alive?

2 Likes

No, it’s because you may as well try to outlast the one remaining Gibb.

4 Likes

Barry Gibb will dance boogie on our graves.

3 Likes

Even at its very worst, life still has beauty to it. And you owe to your future self, whoever he or she may have become, a chance to exist. He or she may just be able to tell you what it all meant, and at least deserves a chance to try.

3 Likes

That’s @beschizza’s territory as the BB editor. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks. Over to @beschizza , then.

By the way, it seems that Likes are turned off for posts by yourself and the rest of the staff [ETA: and now it just got enabled, at least for the comment immediately preceding].

6 Likes

“They’re making a fucking show about Boba Fett!”

3 Likes

Good point. The website has the info listed — but if you’re in the U.S., you can just text HOME to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor. I tested it out a while back and the counselor was very responsive and kind, and all conversations with trained counselors are supervised by mental health professionals.

6 Likes

Thanks. It’s a good FPP, and will be enhanced by adding the standard info right up front per BB pracise (not everyone reads the comments).

3 Likes

And for people reading the BBS

12 Likes

This.

Because random platitudes by anonymous strangers do not help (at least in my experience). If anything, some random statement about “seeing the moon again” is just more likely to piss me off etc…

Maybe I’m just unreasonably angry when dark times hit…

3 Likes

Cool. I’ve been using this list for years.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.